“The salmon was fabulous!”

Bistro Baffi Italian Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Burien
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“The salmon was fabulous!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We both had one of the nightly specials. The Copper River salmon special was very tasty, with a side of pasta. My scallops were perfectly done, and the tomato/artichoke mix tasted wonderful.
The place is small and sound carries, so it might be too noisy if full. Don't let the neighboring business's appearance scare you away.

Visited June 2014

Washington
“What a Find”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were looking for a nice, quiet restaurant to take an elderly friend for dinner. Weren't real sure because of the location, but the reviews were so good that we decided to give it a try. Glad we did!
Definite pride of ownership here. Lovely atmosphere once you are inside. Chef Michael greets all who enter even when he is in the kitchen. He also helps serve, and comes around to check on everyone.
This is not your usual dining experience in the south end. The server brings out a large tray to show you what the day's specials are so that you can see up close how fresh everything is. This includes handmade pastas.
Others have commented on the bread, which I don't believe we had, but we did order the bruschetta and it was marvelous. Just the right amount of density but not so hard that the fresh basil, tomatoes and mozzarella fell off. The house pinot noir was wonderful.
Husband said his Cesar salad was the best he'd had. Mine was the organic greens with pear, pecans and blue cheese. Wonderful.
Two of us had the Chicken Marsala. One had the Copper River Salmon. I order Chicken Marsala routinely at Italian bistros as it is my favorite. While this was not as saucy as usual, it was an excellent preparation with fresh portabellas. Would like to have a little more of a Marsala flavor though. Didn't really come through. The Penne pasta on the side has the chef's signature pink sauce which is quite good. The Salmon lover said that it was excellent.
Had to try the Tiramisu as this is another favorite. Very delicate flavor here that could use a little more of the coffee influence, but we ate it all!
All in all, this is a wonderful dining experience. Great for a special occasion, but maybe a bit pricey for a regular outing. The quality here is so refreshing. We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Smerryfield
The Woodlands, Texas
“The Good, The Bad, The Ugle”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The ugly first...next to a liquor store with big black bars covering the windows and door.

The Good...bread was warm, dense and good flavor, dip was good quality oil with wonderful fresh herbs and decent vinegar. Caprese salad with pear tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh herb was flavorful and easy to enjoy. Hubby's pasta was done to perfection. The orzo in my dish was creamy and done to perfection.

The Bad...the spice and sauce were so overwhelming that it completely and totally covered up the flavor of absolutely everything else in the dish. The only thing that was noticeable was the texture. If I had not known there was lobster, mushrooms and veggies in it, I would not have been able to tell. Hubby's pasta almost floated in his sauce and it was overwhelmingly salty.

I love spicy food but this was just wrong. When I pay $30.00 for a dish, I want to taste the flavors of everything in it, not just the hot that lingered on and on. We both appreciate tasting the flavors of the food melded into a cohesive dish, not just sauce or heat and nothing else.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Rebekajean
Vancouver, Washington
“Very good”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Pasta al dente. Excellent seafood choices all cooked well. All juicy, including a perfect giant scallop. I had the spaghetti pescatore: a sort of brothy upscale cioppino with noodles in it. It would be perfect as a cioppino without the spaghetti and some Tuscan toasted bread on the side. The tiramisú was excellent. It would've been perfect with a touch of Marsala. Not cheap, but good quality.

1 Thank Icegabe
Seattle
“A gem of a restaurant!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I love the Bistro Baffi, I've been there twice and both times the food, service and atmosphere were excellent. I had a smashing tuna fusilli pasta dish and my dining companion had a seafood special that was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. We also had the stuffed clams, a couple of salads and deserts, all fantastic.

• Visited February 2014