“Wish it was in my neighborhood!”

Bistro Baffi Italian Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Burien
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I took my husband here for his birthday, and it was a wonderful experience. We both enjoyed the presentation of the fresh ingredients for the food being cooked that evening, and a separate platter of some of the menu items, like the fresh seafood and cheeses and the day's pasta specials. Our waitress was very helpful when choosing a bottle of wine, and our meals (we both ordered the spaghetti pescatore) were superb. We're both seafood lovers, and not many Italian restaurants have such a variety on the menu. The fresh pasta was excellent and cooked perfectly, and I enjoyed the spiciness of the red sauce that complimented the garlic in the shellfish. We both ordered caesar salad as a starter, and the salad was nicely dressed and topped with garlicky croutons and strips of anchovy. I don't usually order the anchovy, but another reviewer recommended this presentation, so I gave it a try. Yummy!

When I made the reservation, I was asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. Once we ordered our dessert, I was really pleased when chef and staff brought an order of tiramasu to our table for my husband. We also ordered lemon gelatto with a limencello center. Both desserts were amazing, and the perfect ending to our meal.

Bistro Baffi is in a quiet residential neighborhood, in an old-time strip mall. Don't be fooled by the humble exterior... inside it's all Italian with a cozy, warm feel. We loved our meal here, and will definitely be back soon (and often).

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great Italian food. My wife and I went here for my birthday. A unique part of the dining experience was the presentation by our waittress of two trays showing the fresh seafood and fresh made pasta that was available for order that day. The Spaghetti Pescatore (an assortment of fresh clams, mussels, shrimp, salmon, halibut, and scallops on a bed of freshmade spaghetti with sauce made from fresh herbs, Chianti wine and spicy tomato sauce) looked so good that we both ordered the same thing. Normally we would have each ordered something different so we could share and sample a couple items, but the Pescatore just looked too good to share (and it was). We finished our meal with an excellent fresh made frozen meringue and lemon gelato desert and to my surprise I received a free Tiramisu with a candle to help celebrate my birthday. Now I've tried Tiramisu at quite a few restaraunts (including restaraunts in Italy) and normally find I'm disappointed. The Tiramisu made at Bistro Baffi is superb. I will definitely order it again. We also plan to bring a group of our friends here next month for our monthly dinner club event. Don't be put off by the humble exterior, inside you will truly find a neighborhood gem.

1  Thank D0000D
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restaurant is one of the best Italian we have been to. We have traveled extensively in Italy and have had many fine meals in the best Italy has to offer. This place right up there with the best. Service was impecable

Reviewed March 21, 2012

One of my all time favorite places! From the hand made pastas to the freshest of Seafood, I have never had a bad exprience at this place. If you like Italian food you must try this restaurant!!

1  Thank BradleyinSeattle
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This is a gem of a restaurant in a surprising location. Tucked away in a quiet corner next to a minimart in the sleepy but upscale Seahurst area you'll find suprisingly sophisticated, fresh, and wonderfully prepared Italian cuisine. Friendly and professional chef/owner and staff, and a menu that includes interesting and unique pasta, meat, and seafood dishes, made our dinner most enjoyable. The wine menu is good, although the options for wine by the glass are limited. The "spicy pink sauce" is a specialty of the house used in a number of dishes, and is very good. Several specials are offered, based on the ingredients obtained by the chef fresh each day. The grilled lamb chops over risotto was prepared perfectly, and the special of the day, pork loin topped with gorgonzola and pear in a chocolate sauce was amazing.