“Busy beach, good walking trail”

Ed Munro Seahurst Park
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Burien
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Parking here can be a problem is you are challenged by hills as the parking down on the beach fills up quickly on warm days and the additional parking is up the main drive a short distance. The park recently was upgraded and there is an enlarged picnic area with several covered tables. Nice walking trail if you aren't ready to handle to sand and rocks. Beautiful views of the sound, with the ferry traffic off in the distance.

2  Thank Head-mama

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had an hour to burn before needing to be at the airport and stopped here. Beautiful,natural beach. Great views. Wish I could have taken advantage of the trails.

2  Thank dani42379
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We rented a VRBO with direct access to the hiking trails down to Seahurst Park. This was our first visit to the Seattle area, and our first hike in the lush forests of Washington state. There are a couple of trails down/up to/from the park, one shorter than the other. The woods is absolutely gorgeous. Some of the trail we were on was steep at times, and we wound up getting our jeans and shoes a bit muddy, but enjoyed the experience without regret.

We were only in Burien for a couple of days and had just one opportunity to hike the forest. Had we stayed longer, I would have hiked the trails again.

In the park, along the paved walkway parallel to the shore, mobiles made of shells and odd trinkets hang from the street lamps. I've been inspired to make some of my own when I get back home. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera with me on our hike so I don't have any pictures to share, which I regret. If you are in Burien, I would definitely try to take the time to hike the forest in Seahurst.

4  Thank luv2packlite
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A very scenic beach on Puget Sound. There is a walking path along the beach and of course you can walk forever on the beach. A nice view of tbe Olympias and Vashon Island. At sunset, parkin the upper lotand walk as there is limited parking at thebeach.

3  Thank kuwells
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

A great place to walk your dog or just enjoy the scenery. A bit overcast the day we were there, but we could see the Olympic Mountains, Vashon Island, and of course Puget Sound. There must be around a mile of waterfront to explore. You can walk on the beach, or there are paved walkways that parallel the beach. Worth visiting.

3  Thank D0000D