“Welcome to Burien Greek House”
Review of The Greek House

The Greek House
Ranked #1 of 123 Restaurants in Burien
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Located immediately to the left once you turn off southbound 1st avenue, what a wonderful addition to our community. The owner, Phillip, not only is in the visible kitchen cooking but out with the customers. We ate in the small warm bar with bar manager, Juliann who gave all diners excellent attention and conversation.

The restaurant sits approximately 60. I noticed tables accommodating groups of six and tables for two. The menu which makes you wish you were in Greece includes a children's menu.

Homemade pita bread is a constant throughout all of food offering. We had the mousaka, meatballs, and baklava. Nice selection of microbrews and had to have a small glass of ouzo.

Enjoy the authentic Greek House.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have eaten Greek food all over the US and in Greece(many years ago). Tonight I had the best avgolemono soup I have ever had; just the right amount of lemon, just the right creaminess, lots of rice and chicken. The moussaka was also excellent. Others at my table enjoyed the dilled meatballs with avgolemono sauce and pasticcio with bechamel sauce. Both side dishes, briami(a ratatouille), and the green beans with feta and tomatoes were excellent. We each ordered a different desert. All were very tasty, but I recommend one desert for two or three. All 3 of us agreed that the saganaki was among the best we have ever had. The most unique thing about the evening had to do with the owner/chef who regularly came into the dining room to welcome customers and discuss a few of the dishes. He happened to be closeby when a woman at a nearby table stood up clutching her throat and one of the men at their table began to try the Heimlich manuever. The restaurant owner came over and very quickly performed the manuever. Their table were soon laughing and finished their dinner. I think we may have been the only other people in the restaurant who were aware of what was going on. I am a physician and was getting up to go help but didn't even get out of my chair before he had taken care of the problem. Very impressive.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Went to the Greek House for the first time tonight. The service was awesome! You can tell these folks are pros when it comes to customer service. Nice addition to Burien.
I wish I could be so generous with the food review comments. While my family all agreed the food was well seasoned and tasty, the portions seemed very skimpy. Greek chicken breast was tiny - plus bone-in so really ended up being a very small 1/2 chicken breast. The lamb shank was also tasty but mostly big bones and fat. While the prices were fairy reasonable, by the time you dissected things, we felt like we really weren't getting quite our money's worth.

But we'll give it another try and see what happens.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Let me say first of all I am genuine consumer a not one to be paid for my ratings..... This restaurant is a wonderful place to dine. Though I've only been there once, the one time I was there was 1). The dinner was fabulous - I had the Lamb Shank and my wife had the chicken souvlaki - both very tasty and enough left overs to take home, 2). wonderful appetizer (we had the Greek platter (I believe it was called that) consisting of 5 different spreads for Pita bread 3). the owner/chef came out to greet us as well as many of the other family members. All in all, a very nice ambience / not to big but I think just right. It has a full bar.
The best review would be to ask the question: would I go back, absolutely I'll try to go at least once a month to support the new establishment as well as to enjoy a wonderful meal. Price was moderate, not overly expensive but somewhere in the medium price range

2  Thank TG_Pickleball
Reviewed October 29, 2013

What I find! We live only a few miles from the town center, always on the prowl for new culinary experiences. This new addition brings a new dimension to dining in the area instead of driving into Seattle. Nicely appointed restaurant with an inviting and friendly atmosphere, it offers a variety of classical Greek dishes. Food was fresh and very good, the dishes alternating with visits from the cook/owner who was a chef with the Hilton hotel chain, and his lovely wife. A family owned and managed eatery the greek House offers tasty fare and genuine friendship

2  Thank SeattlePrs

Been to The Greek House? Share your experiences!