“A small town gem”

Halfway House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Brinnon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a joy to have such wonderful food in such a beautiful area. This place is well worth a stop if you are in the area enjoying the great outdoors. They make fresh pies every day, and whatever the special of the day is get it! They take pride in the food they are serving and the service is top notch. We have a vacation home in the area and look forward to eating there every time we're up.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We went for two for one steak night Friday. Perfectly cooked! Not what we were expecting. The waitress was a former mixologist and made a mean martini. Took pie home and devoured later.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

On my girls' weekend, nine of us stopped in for dinner at this tiny diner. By the end of our meal, the place was packed. There was only one waitress, but she managed to keep everyone happy, and she kept her cool amazingly well. The food was very tasty. I had the French dip, and it was delicious. Some of the ladies had meals that included a canned pea /carrot side dish that overall went uneaten. We did not try the pie as we were all stuffed by the end of our meal. Don't be afraid to try this little place.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

A place just off Rt 101N on the west side of the road. Read about the reviews here and had to stop for the pie. I always look for homemade pie when I'm on vacation and this place hit spot. We ordered breakfast and got the pie before the breakfast came. Very good! I should have just ordered 3 pieces of pie as my breakfast but all our orders were very good also. My wife had a slice of cherry and I had peach. For the dinners, we had stuffed french toast, bisquits and gravy with eggs, and my daughter had an omelette. Was very pleased with the service, too. Many locals in there. They open at 7am which is good if you're getting an early start to go to the Nat Park.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

While my husband was fishing nearby, he asked another fisherman if there was a good place to eat in the area. The guy recommended one place for lunch but this place for pie. He said the homemade pies are excellent, and he was right! Deeeelicious!!! My husband had a berry pie and I had coconut pie, which is always my favorite. Both were great. I'm particular about my pie crust...this crust was really different but oh so good! A lady there makes all the pies. We only stopped for pie so I don't know how the rest of their food is. The place is small. The tables had nice tablecloths on them. I would definitely recommend stopping here for pie!

Been to Halfway House? Share your experiences!