“Don't Go Here on a Bad Day”
Review of No. 1 Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
No. 1 Buffet
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Many buffets, especially of the Chinese variety, have good days and bad days. I suppose that's because they don't freshen the food every day. A friend of our said the No. 1 Buffet was much better than the restaurant it replaced in the same building and it was even "pretty good" when he tried it about a month ago.

So, my wife and I were in the neighborhood around dinnertime and decided to try it. Well, we not not only hit it on a BAD day, but we must have hit it on the WORST day. All of the food was terrible. The fried food was not only overcooked and excessively greasy, but the oil they used to fry it in had an unpleasant off taste. The food was barely warm and quickly cooled to room temperature by the time you got back to your table. The steam tables were not hot enough!
I could go on and on, but on this day this restaurant was such a disaster that it was almost unbelievable. They say they "replace" the sushi every hour, but we were there or longer than that and never saw any employee near the sushi table. The rice they use to make the sushi was not sushi rice, so the rice, bland and tasteless, crumbled apart when you picked it up. At least the raw seafood wasn't spoiled, but it was almost devoid of taste.
This place was so unbelievably bad that we will return on more time, just to see if they were having the worst day of their lives or if this place really does suck. But this time I would give it NO stars, if I could!

1  Thank HansvilleHugh

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Expenisve?... $6.95 for lunch. Crowded?... not unless you go at the peak times. Food selection is excellent... something for everyone: probably 10+ kinds of shrimp, baked salmon, oysters, new york steak strips, 10+ kinds of chicken, salad bar, sushi bar, chocolate fountain, desserts & ice creams, mac & cheese for the kids, noodles, rice, soups, donuts & cream puffs........... row after row after row of steam trays filled with FRESH food. (I think we were told they replace the trays every 30 minutes no matter how much is left in it.... wow!). Very clean... friendly staff. We travel about 70 miles r/t to eat here... it is that good! All the food tastes soooo good.... the only bad thing I can say about this restaurant is..... I EAT TOO MUCH !!

1  Thank LovePuertoVallarta
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Great buffet for the price! Nice variety of foods; freshly made, nice presentation, good flavor. Super if you like seafood

1  Thank Pam L
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a happening food spot that has brought Bremerton back to life...I love the food availability, but I hate the price, it is too expensive especially for kids, but the food it good, but it is extremely crowded and you have no privacy...

Reviewed July 10, 2011

the first time i went there and i took a bite of there fried rice it felt like i was in heaven it was sooo good!!! know when ever i have the money we go there and only there!!! i love this place!!

1  Thank darkangelgurl22