“Best Value”
Review of Flagship Inn

Flagship Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bremerton
Reviewed April 3, 2009

You will not be disappointed with this hotel.
Pros: Best value. Always clean. Nice view of the Kitsap lake and Olympic mountains.
It has Unique architecture. Sort of a seventies flashback. The windows really open. A nice feature if you want some fresh air. My wife and I are from Florida and have been in the area for about a year and a half. We stay here about once a month.
Cons: None that I know of in this price range.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ctzxcv

Reviewed March 11, 2009

I was in the area visiting a friend and needed a room for one night. He recommended the Flagship Inn and TripAdvisor's ratings were good so I looked on the site and saw they had a senior rate. Called and said I'm 62 is that old enough for your senior rate. They said, "We'll make it old enough."

Check in was good. (Fresh baked cookies were good too.) Very friendly clerk. Lobby has a cute little standalone fire place and a large screen PC for customer use. It was late so I just went up to my room (on 3rd floor no elevator but lobby is on 2nd floor so just one flight of stairs).

Room was very clean, fairly new and had a king bed - very comfortable. I was asleep in no time. Woke up the next morning and opened the curtains to a really fabulous water view. There was even a little balcony tho it was a bit too cold to sit out on.

Plenty of hot water in the shower and even lots of fancy soap and shampoo bottles. Big soft towels.

Very enjoyable stay. They had a free breakfast which looked good but I had an early ferry reservation so had to pass.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank buckmountain
Reviewed February 16, 2009

This review is late, but better late than never. I had occasion to spend a few days in Bremerton and as always consulted Tripadvisor before booking accomodation. With only seven properties listed, there weren't a lot to choose from. But like they said in the third Indiana Jones movie, I chose well.
The property is on the main drag and easy to find with lots of well lit parking. Upon entering the lobby you find the front desk straight ahead, to the left a sitting area, and to the right another sitting area with a computer and printer (complimentary). There is also an extensive selection of complimentary VHS movies on display, again complimentary. Chose the box for the movies(s) you want to watch, give them to the clerk and your movie is handed to you with a smile.
The entire facility is clean, well made, maintained, and smells almost like new. My room was spotless with a killer view through floor to ceiling sliding glass door. Puget Sound never looked so good. There was a fresh TV program in my room every day showing that nights listings.
Other amenities included 24 hour fresh fruit, coffee, and cookies.
The location is convenient too with everything you need within easy walking distance. Across the street is a fast food burger joint and a QFC supermarket. A couple of doors to left are a good chinese restaurant (good for take out) and a semi divey (in a good way) bar/restaurant where I had several meals including an excellent steak.
A continental breakfast is provided in the lobby with fresh coffee bagels, etc and all that goes with it including orange juice.
I was attending a pistol match in Bremerton and the Flagship also had no problem keeping my pistols in their safe.
In short, it's a great little find and I highly recommend it. It's well run and well maintained. You won't be disappointed!!
BTW, it's damn quiet too. I didn't hear a peep during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank Richard P
Reviewed February 10, 2009

We were in Bremerton for the retirement of the USS Kitty Hawk and I had used TripAdvisor to review which accomodations were best in the area. The Flagship Inn looked promising and I was particularly drawn to the view it claimed to have over an inland waterway. It was a first time visit for one of our group to the Northwest and I wanted her to see it's beauty. We weren't disappointed! The view from the rooms of the Flagship is wonderful (we had rm. 201). I've enclosed a picture for proof. On top of the excellent view, the room was super clean with quality points throughout. The staff was genuinely friendly and helped with all our needs for directions, resturant suggestions, ferry info, a cork screw, and were available no matter the time. There was a computer available in the lobby that really came in handy, the breakfast was fresh and plentiful, the location central to everyplace we went. This was a good stay!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Timetraveler52
Reviewed January 6, 2009

After reading all the reviews for this hotel I had to try it. Being my son is in Navy I could of stayed in navy lodge, but I wanted to be out in the local area.

Well so glad I decided on this one..very clean staff is just awesome anything I needed they had. Fgured it might be problem as I did not get in until about 2am. Not a big deal at all. They have a decent morning breakfast. Not a bad view in the place...I thought mine would be bad as I was on lower floor, but view was breath taking!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank NavymominMI
Reviewed December 25, 2008

We had a great time. The room was very clean, the view wonderful, the towels fluffy, and the light breakfast was perfect after holiday dinners. The carpets and bed linens are fresh and clean, the surfaces dust-free, and the bathroom impeccable. The staff were very friendly and helped with dinner recommendations and directions. My wife and I run a 10 room Bed and Breakfast so we are a little fussy about cleanliness, value and quality and this place did a great job. The library of free videos in the lobby was a nice extra. Little things like fresh fruit and apples in the lobby, a new TV schedule printed each day, and a box of chocolate at our door on Christmas Morning! Very thoughtful.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StatesInn
Reviewed December 6, 2008

We had come to Bremerton because my husband's brother passed away. It became clear we would not get to go home that night. The brother had a lovely and helpful friend who told us to go to the Flagship Inn and was she ever right!

It looks small on the outside, but a closer look at the lobby showed that the details were all just right . It was an easy entrance to our room and what a room it was--generous with a comfy chair for TV watching, a good sized table for a desk, microwave and refrigerator, very nice bathroom but oh! The view! It looked right out onto the sound and some lovely mature trees in the back. It had a nice balcony with shelter from the rain, too. After the difficulty of the day, it was such a balm to walk out and inhale the fresh air and watch the lights reflected on the water.

The bed was outstandingly comfortable. As I sank into it and we turned on the lights, we saw that the trees in the back were illuminated, not enough to disrupt our sleep but instead, leaving a gorgeous, natural image as the last thing we saw before sleep claimed us.

It was such a haven in this difficult time--if we can come back, we will.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nanomous
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremerton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bremerton
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!