“Quality Hotel in Nice Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bremerton
Vacaville, California
“Quality Hotel in Nice Location”
Reviewed January 14, 2008

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Bremerton, Washington on numerous occassions. It is a quality hotel in a nice location. I have stayed in several king bed rooms and one king bed suite. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated. The furniture is in good condition. The king beds are very comfortable with down pillows. This hotel is located on the waterfront next to the ferry terminal and most rooms seems to have a partial view of the water. The suites seem to be large rooms with living areas, but they do not seem to have separate bedrooms. The complimentary "hi-speed internet access" is wireless in the lobby, but it requires a cable in the rooms. The connection is adequate for email and web surfing, but it is too slow for streaming videos via Netflix. All rooms seem to include microwave ovens, refrigerators and coffee makers. Coffee is always available in the lobby along with a selection of hot tea and other hot drink mixes. The breakfast includes pastries, cereal, fruit, juices and several hot items (like eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc.). The workout room and indoor pool have nice views of the water, but the pool is extremely small.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet Speed
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dan R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
NPart30
Reviewed December 18, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on a weekend trip to the Seattle area. I feel that this is probably the nicest hotel in the Bremerton area. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The parking area was a little confusing, but we were able to figure it out. I think this hotel is a nice addition to the Bremerton waterfront.

Stayed December 2007
Battle Ground, WA
Reviewed December 18, 2007

This new hotel is right next to the Bremerton ferry dock and Anthony's Homeport Restaurant. The area around it is all new with a nice public area overlooking the water and some new restaurants. We stayed on the third floor, overlooking the sound. The Blackberry Festival was in full force so we were able to enjoy the music and people watching both from our room and the deck outside the indoor pool. The breakfast was good and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 24, 2007

We stayed at this property on November 24, 2007.

We arrived at 10:30 p.m. to claim a reservation I had made on line, but there was nobody on duty at the desk. The lobby was eerie and empty. There was a phone on the counter. I called all the numbers listed. Nobody answered. After a few minutes I heard footsteps. A woman appeared and asked, "What do you want?" I told her I wanted to check in. She didn't apologize, she didn't look at me, but she signed me in and rattled off some confusing information about parking in a singsong chirp. Then she said, "Read this," shoving printed parking information across the counter.

Parking rules are printed out because they are extremely complicated and contrary to everything one has learned from parking at other motels and hotels.

There is hotel parking on the "blue" level, but not on the "green" level. Over-flow hotel parking on the "red" level. (The instructions do not state that “blue” is P1, “green” is P2, and “red” is P3.)

We went to the "blue" level where most of the parking spaces are dedicated to a restaurant. The columns for the restaurant parking spaces are painted a bright blue, and the columns for the hotel parking spaces are painted yellow.

So, tired and weary, we had to figure out that the only places we could park on the "blue" level were the few spaces painted yellow. They were all filled.

We drove around the "blue" level twice, searching for the ramp to the "red" level. There was none. We had to exit the "blue" level and drive down a hill to find the "red" level, which is a very lonely and frightening place into which anybody could walk from off the street.

To get to the elevator from the "red" level, we had to carry our luggage up two dingy flights of stairs that are appropriate for garage workers to go from floor to floor, but not for guests to access a hotel lobby.

This was our welcome to the Bremerton Hampton Inn.

Our two-room suite was nicely decorated and comfortable. Unfortunately, the head of the bed was right next to the hall where, shortly before 6:00 a.m., we were awakened by children talking and playing in the hall. We never got back to sleep.

This is a good place to stay if arrive when somebody is on desk duty, when you can land a parking space on the "blue" level, and you are lucky enough to have a room in which the bed located far from the hallway.

Stayed November 2007
Washington State
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I have stayed in this waterfront hotel in Bremerton for business before, and enjoyed my stay both times. Their front desk and customer service is very good. My reservation was exactly as reserved with no problems.

the room was very clean with very upscale linens, and the decor was quality.

Unfortunately because I was on business and didn't get back from meetings until dark, I didn't get to enjoy the view much, but I had a very nice view of the water and the harbor.

Breakfast was excellent with more than plenty of choices. For a "continental" breakfast it was very deluxe.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2007
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed September 21, 2007

Very convenient location and best hotel in Bremerton by far. Easy walking distance to Bremerton to Seattle ferry (less than a block). Convention center next store, great seafood restaurant connected to building. Good taco place right outside door and many good coffee shops in local area. Right on the waterfront but the view rooms are a bit more. Continental breakfast was better than normal with a very nice area to sit in and enjoy your breakfast. Comfortable quiet room with a nice bed. You will be charged $5 per night for parking.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank San_jose_guy
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We stayed here last Labor Day weekend. It is located in downtown Bremerton, right next to the Seattle/Bremerton Ferry port. Location is good, parking is nearby, and a nice view (if you are facing the water). There are office buildings and some small shops/restaurants nearby. We were there when they were having sometype of Berry festival so we were also able to walk the waterfront and do a little art shopping. This is a nice Hampton Inn, clean and new. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone as long as you don't plan on making any changes to your reservation.

I got a $99 + tax weekend rate. The only bad experience I had was that I wanted to extend my stay one more day, but they were all sold out. But they still charged my credit card the extra $99 anyways. I had to make about three phone calls to get this reversed out. This was very annoying.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank thecheaptraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bremerton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bremerton
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Bremerton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton? Share your experiences!