“Burgers are them”

Big Apple Diner
Ranked #5 of 187 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
seattle
“Burgers are them”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Always a good burger - good shakes - efficient service. Not fancy but always a dependable meal!

Visited May 2012

Silverdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute and Kichy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

There was a lot to take in, no pun intended. I liked the "vintage" posters, the colors, and especially the food. My husband and I were there for breakfast, and this was our first visit. He had the special, which was an 8oz. prime rib with eggs and hash browns. I can tell you their scale is off, because that thing must have been at least 12oz. And he forced himself to finish it all. I had the chicken fried steak with eggs, hash browns, and toast. The gravy was really good, the chicken fried steak was as well, and I am looking forward to visiting again. I couldn't finish it, but what I did eat made me happy I had leftovers. The service was prompt and friendly. I have to say, the only drawback was that the cashier didn't seem overly concerned about leaving my credit card slip sitting out on the counter, and there was nowhere to put it, so I had to wait for the next waitress to walk by so it could go into the register. Almost not worth mentioning, but, you can never be too safe.

• Visited April 2012
“Depends on the day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been here twice. The first time was for breakfast foods which were left on the griddle too long and had a slight burned taste. The toast was so burnt, it was inedible. Biscuits are bland. Husband liked skillet, just wished there had been more. Despite it all, we went back to try again. Second time was better. French toast was fluffy and not burnt or crusty. Chili dog and fries were good. Desserts were lacking. Apple pie was bland and banana cream pie was tasteless and too floury. However, service was better the first time. So, like I said, depends on the day.

Bremerton, Washington
“Good for breakfast/lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

A favorite hangout for he locals! Cool 50's retro decor and vintage music. Terrific staff, great service - prompt seating, friendly servers, dishes cleared immediately. Varied menu - we love the waffles and fresh squeezed OJ. Dinner preparation leaves a bit to be desired.

Visited April 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Good Home-Cooked Food"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

The Big Apple is our favorite place for breakfast whenever we are in Bremerton. The selection is great and the food is delicious. This is a real diner with a genuine community atmosphere. The employees are always friendly.

• Visited January 2012