“Free and interesting!”

Bremerton Bug Museum
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Bremerton
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great place for kids and adults! The gift shop is very reasonable. I learned quite a bit when I went! There are some reptiles also. There is no admission charge. Small but clean and neat. Some cute props to take photos with. My daughter is 5 and she enjoyed it!

5  Thank Lisa R
in 4 reviews
"tarantula"
"magnifying"

Reviewed August 29, 2013

People were VERY helpful & courteous. Enjoyed it very much and is a terrific place to take kids. My great grandchild loved it!

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed August 8, 2013

You can leave the kids at home because there are already plenty of kids there. Seriously, I went by myself and really enjoyed my 20 minute self-guided tour. It's free, but if you look hard you can find a donation jar. Lots of bug-related stuff for sale. T-shirts, posters, ant farms, etc.

The building is small, as is the parking lot. If the lot is full, so is the museum, so come back in 15 minutes. It's across the street from where they dock the mothballed aircraft carriers, which is something to look at for a minute or two while you're waiting for a parking spot to open up.

By the time you are ready to leave you will want to make a dollar or two donation just to support what they are doing there. If not, no problem.

2  Thank BJDealer
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friend and I took our 3 year old grandsons to the Bug Museum. They are pretty young, but they thoroughly enjoyed it. They especially liked using the big magnifiers to look at bugs, butterflies, beetles etc They also liked the live Butterflies. Everything is displayed very nicely. It's clean and well kept. I look forward to going back again. It is free, amazingly so, but does take donations.

2  Thank veebeeque