“Get There Early If you want a seat for the All-You-Can-Eat Lunch”
Review of Trapper's Sushi

Trapper's Sushi
Ranked #95 of 188 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: Japanese
Sasebo, Japan
“Get There Early If you want a seat for the All-You-Can-Eat Lunch”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I came for the all-you-can-eat lunch deal with some friends that love coming here and really know their way around a sushi roll. Since there's only maybe a dozen chairs around the counter where this deal is happening, the plan was to get there as soon as they opened. We joined a group that was already standing by, counting the minutes to 11.

Now, I'm not a sushi aficionado, so I let myself be guided by the expertise of my friends and when the guy making the sushi found out I was a neophyte, he got into the game as well. This place has a fun vibe to it, due in large part to the sushi guy. You gotta have the personality to work the crowd and he was a lot of fun.

Everyone had their favorites to recommend, but I soon found a Bonney Lake roll in front of me. I followed that up with a Buddha and I think the other one was called a Trapper. They were all very delicious and I enjoyed them very much.

I'll be looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited May 2013

Port Angeles, Washington
“Eek! run for your life!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

One star for the name! The health department needs to sneak up and check
the way this restaurant handles the raw fish! The cooler doors were left open with piles of fish
and the cooks were picking up the phone with no gloves between making rolls. GROSS!!!
I have a bad headache and my stomach is upset!

• Visited January 2014
Ellensburg, Washington
“great place!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I LOVE trappers! they have a great deal for $15 (lunch special - ends at 2) for all-you-can-eat sushi and it's so so so good. I always get great service from Farrah and all the employees there! i definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
Kingston, Washington
“So much sushi and fun, too!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I finally made a special trip over to try Trapper's...and I'm *so* glad I did! I've read reviews all over the spectrum for Trapper's and I can only think the not-so-good reviews were written by unhappy people who are picky about everything.
The young lady who greeted me at the door was friendly and attentive, taking time to answer my questions...just as I saw her do with other diners. She took extra pains to make sure I was comfortable, which is nice when someone is dining alone. She continued to check on me throughout my stay.
Casey behind the bar was fabulous! Quick to take my order and quick to produce my selection. I wanted to try the all-you-can-eat to see if there were any negatives, and I found none. Okay...well, wait: maybe one: no sashimi...just rolls or hand rolls. That works okay for me because when I'm craving sushi, rolls will work just fine!
The regular menu looked pretty great, too, and I'm sure I'll try that sometime if I don't feel like waiting for a seat to open up at the bar, which is the only place you're able to do the AYCE.

Will I go back? ABSOLUTELY!

• Visited September 2013
Tacoma
“Great sushi and the cooks are friendly”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We did the all you can eat at the sushi bar and loved it, the food was fresh, good quality and a large assortment. the cooks were entertainig and very helpful. There was a little bit of a wait to get in but it was worth waiting for. If you haven't been there yet your missing out.

• Visited August 2013