“Always see a line out the door when I pass by so I had to try it.”
Review of El Balcon

El Balcon
Ranked #7 of 193 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Well now I understand why there is a line around lunch time every day. The food is delicious and the prices are low (most combos around $6). I got the #5 with 2 shredded pork tacos with beans & rice. First off it was quite a bit of food, secondly the pork tasted like they smoke it out back.. it was very good. Plus they have several types of homemade salsas & picos to choose from. I'll definitely be back. Tip - go around lunch time on a Saturday when it isn't so busy because they only have about 8 barstools to sit on in the whole place.

2  Thank AUStoSEA

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I showed up looking for looking for some last-minute take out. I had heard about the place from a buddy who works nearby. They have their menu online and everything looks reasonable price wise.
When I showed up there was a line, which told me there was some good food happenin'. For a family of five it was under $20 for quite a large amount of food. Extremely flavorful and wonderful authentic food.
The service was extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this to anyone if you're in the area. You might have to wait a little bit upon ordering but only because the food is good and it's very popular.
The space is a bit small to expect to be able to sit there and eat. But with the waterfront so nearby, it makes sense to grab some take out from here and enjoy amazing food by the water.

1  Thank TheVoorhees5
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Delicious...that word pretty much sums it up. My husband has been going on about how good this place is for months, but I rarely get out to Bremerton. Dang, am I glad we took the the trip there for dinner the other night.

I ordered the pulled pork burrito, husband ordered the chicken burrito, and our daughter had the cheese quesadilla. The burritos are huge!!!! The pork was so amazingly seasoned, and melted in my mouth. They offer a number of salsa to try out. The cheese quesadilla was really good, too (of course I tasted it!)

The inside is really small. We happened to hit a lull when we went, so we were able to grab seats at the counter overlooking the street. Really enjoyable experience, and I am definitely looking forward to returning.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I'm all about the great food. This little hole in the wall is a hidden gem, one that the local PSNS shipyard workers long ago discovered. If you don't have to have fancy sit down dining and are in it for the food, this little place is a must. My wife and I were downtown, and checked El Balcon (The Balcony) out. My wife had the #2 (Papusa and 2 taco's); and I had the #4 (Papusa, taco and tamale). The papusa is like a piece of bread with gooey cheesey goodness in them, but on an ethnic level I've not experienced before. The toppings consisted of finely chopped cilantro, onions, a blend of cilantro and onions, or a red cabbage that was pickled (I think); and about 5 different sauces. The taco's are small, but with a tortilla shell filled with pork. The tamale homemade, wrapped in a corn husk. Without the toppings, I think the tamale was a little bland, but with the toppings much better. I absolutely LOVED the taco and the papusa, but don't think I'd try the tamale again. All of the food was so hot when served, I couldn't even pick it up. The food is so good, and the staff was friendly. I'm sure to be back to ensure my little ones have an opportunity to enjoy the food of Central America.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was looking for a new spot for "date night" with my wife. Aft reading a few reviews, we decided on El Balcon. WOW! What a find!
The place is a tiny walk-in with just a few stools around the perimeter for seating. Clean and tidy.
The food is to die for! I had a combo plate with different Salvadorian traditional foods, and it was simply amazing. The favors are fresh and tasty. My wife had the Carnitas Tacos, and the pork was really good. Rather than a simple fried pork, the meat had been seasoned well before it was fried, which made for a very tasty taco.
All in all, I would give El Balcon a "10"! We will be back...OFTEN!!!!!