“Give them a try!”

Toro Lounge
Ranked #14 of 187 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Toro Lounge is Bremerton's first and only gastropub. Open Tuesda-Saturday at 2pm, and are currently closed on Sundays. Toro Lounge strives to feature fresh local ingredients. Unique to the community is that Toro Lounge features 21 NorthWest microbrews on tap, with a rotating selection. Additionally, it is the only place in Kitsap County with wine on tap. Stop in and check out our featured artist of the month, with various art pieces on display throughout the establishment.
Bremerton, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give them a try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Sorry Lim48 didn't get a call back, but you really should give Toro another chance! We had an excellent meal, friendly staff, and a very enjoyable experience!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Penstersw123
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thanks Penstersw123! We appreciate your support for what we do. We look forward to your next visit! -TL

Bremerton, WA
“They Couldn't Even Return My Call”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I never ate here. I called the morning before Valentine's Day to ask if they still had available reservations for my wife and I on Valentine's Day. I expected to be told "no more room at the inn" because I was calling so close to the holiday (which would be very understandable)...but I never even got the common coutesy of a call back from the voice mail message I left. Their message said they did not open until 3 p.m. When I didn't hear back by 5:00, I called and again got voice mail, so I left another message. Still no reply. I have never had a restaurant not return a call. Helluva way to do business. I will never eat here based on this experience.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lim48
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
We are sorry we missed you. We believed we had returned everyone's calls, especially those for last minute reservations for Valentines day. -Toro Lounge
Sasebo, Japan
“Fancy Fare in Downtown Bremerton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stopped in to Toro Lounge for Happy Hour to find out why there is always a crowd here when we pass by. It was a nice sunny afternoon, but we let the other patrons fight for the outdoor seating and chose a table by the bar.

I was impressed by the upscale feel of the place. The colors are dark and dramatic with high ceilings and interesting lighting and the staff is dressed very professionally.

I've been hearing about the tasty tapas they offer here, so we placed an order for the bacon wrapped, goat cheese stuffed dates and the Hongos con Ajo (mushrooms with piquillo peppers and garlic). I was a little disappointed with the mushrooms, but the dates were delicious and had that sweet/savory/salty thing going on that I find myself craving after a while.

We were waited on by the bartender and although he was very busy, he checked in with us often and made sure we were well looked after.

It was a good experience and one I'm sure to repeat soon.

• Visited June 2013
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thanks for the kind review, especially since it was a while ago! We look forward to your next visit. -Toro Lounge
silverdale,wa
“Disappointed on halloween”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here a number of times and have been satisfied. Halloween, we took s friend and went for drinks and food. My dark and stormy was tall and refreshing, but the wife had to take a wine that wast on the list and d idn't recognize and wasn't all that good. We had the fries which were very hot, the tried tip, which was VERY rare and cold and the limb sliders which were dry, no sauce, and cold.
We'll be back to try it again as we like Carlos. Oh,and our server seemed to want to spend her time at another table. I had to wait for almost ten minutes to check out after the ladies had left.

1 Thank skijon
Virginia
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

While visiting Bremerton for the first time we stumbled on Toro while walking around. Glad we did. Nice restaurant, good food. Server was efficient but probably could have used some more help, although he did a great job, so cannot take away anything from him or the restaurant! It's billed as a tapas place which indicates small plates but I found the portions to be larger than other tapas places we've been to. We would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for the kinds words! I'm glad you stumbled on us and enjoyed your experience. We look forward to you next visit.