“They Couldn't Even Return My Call”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Toro Lounge

Toro Lounge
Ranked #14 of 187 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Toro Lounge is Bremerton's first and only gastropub. Open Tuesda-Saturday at 2pm, and are currently closed on Sundays. Toro Lounge strives to feature fresh local ingredients. Unique to the community is that Toro Lounge features 21 NorthWest microbrews on tap, with a rotating selection. Additionally, it is the only place in Kitsap County with wine on tap. Stop in and check out our featured artist of the month, with various art pieces on display throughout the establishment.
Bremerton, WA
“They Couldn't Even Return My Call”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I never ate here. I called the morning before Valentine's Day to ask if they still had available reservations for my wife and I on Valentine's Day. I expected to be told "no more room at the inn" because I was calling so close to the holiday (which would be very understandable)...but I never even got the common coutesy of a call back from the voice mail message I left. Their message said they did not open until 3 p.m. When I didn't hear back by 5:00, I called and again got voice mail, so I left another message. Still no reply. I have never had a restaurant not return a call. Helluva way to do business. I will never eat here based on this experience.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lim48
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
We are sorry we missed you. We believed we had returned everyone's calls, especially those for last minute reservations for Valentines day. -Toro Lounge

Sasebo, Japan
“Fancy Fare in Downtown Bremerton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stopped in to Toro Lounge for Happy Hour to find out why there is always a crowd here when we pass by. It was a nice sunny afternoon, but we let the other patrons fight for the outdoor seating and chose a table by the bar.

I was impressed by the upscale feel of the place. The colors are dark and dramatic with high ceilings and interesting lighting and the staff is dressed very professionally.

I've been hearing about the tasty tapas they offer here, so we placed an order for the bacon wrapped, goat cheese stuffed dates and the Hongos con Ajo (mushrooms with piquillo peppers and garlic). I was a little disappointed with the mushrooms, but the dates were delicious and had that sweet/savory/salty thing going on that I find myself craving after a while.

We were waited on by the bartender and although he was very busy, he checked in with us often and made sure we were well looked after.

It was a good experience and one I'm sure to repeat soon.

• Visited June 2013
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thanks for the kind review, especially since it was a while ago! We look forward to your next visit. -Toro Lounge
silverdale,wa
“Disappointed on halloween”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here a number of times and have been satisfied. Halloween, we took s friend and went for drinks and food. My dark and stormy was tall and refreshing, but the wife had to take a wine that wast on the list and d idn't recognize and wasn't all that good. We had the fries which were very hot, the tried tip, which was VERY rare and cold and the limb sliders which were dry, no sauce, and cold.
We'll be back to try it again as we like Carlos. Oh,and our server seemed to want to spend her time at another table. I had to wait for almost ten minutes to check out after the ladies had left.

1 Thank skijon
Virginia
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

While visiting Bremerton for the first time we stumbled on Toro while walking around. Glad we did. Nice restaurant, good food. Server was efficient but probably could have used some more help, although he did a great job, so cannot take away anything from him or the restaurant! It's billed as a tapas place which indicates small plates but I found the portions to be larger than other tapas places we've been to. We would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for the kinds words! I'm glad you stumbled on us and enjoyed your experience. We look forward to you next visit.
Seattle, Washington
“Upscale (but comfortable) lounge in Bremerton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went to Toro lounge on a couple occasions and was very impressed with the quality of food, draught beer choices (10 micro-brews total) and with the ambiance in general.

1. They have an awesome power lunch (2 menu items for $10) & happy hour ($3 draughts)!

2. The place is awesome. Very refined. Dark wood, brushed steel surface bar, beautiful wood ceilings, large bar area, black leather booths, high tables and black leather seating areas near front windows are great for groups enjoying cocktails.. also has great patio seating area in the front.

3. The quality and thoughtfulness of the food is excellent. I've had the Venus salad, Empanadas, Rellenos peppers and all were delicious and presented very elegantly. And they are priced less than something you could get from McDonalds.. you'd be seriously crazy not to try this place.

4. The servers and bartenders are very friendly and efficient.. I have never been disappointed with the service level.

5. The choice of local beers of on draught is awesome! If you can't settle on trying just one they offer a tasting menu. So you can try 4 different beers for just a few bucks so you can see what beers you prefer.

6. The kitchen is open concept and you can see the chefs in their traditional white outfits cooking your meal.. I am always happy to see open kitchens :)

Thank you Toro Lounge.

• Visited September 2013
Carlos J, Owner at Toro Lounge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks AUStoSEA...we really appreciate the kind review. Don't forget, we actually have 20 micros on tap, and are the only place in Kitsap County to enjoy a multitude of NorthWest micros. We look forward to your next visit!