“A piece of cold war history to explore.”

USS Turner Joy Museum Ship
Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Bremerton
Oregon City, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A piece of cold war history to explore.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

A fascinating view of life aboard a ship of the Tin Can Navy. My personal experiences with the Navy during that era were from an aerial perspective, i.e. as an aviator. The Turner Joy completed the circle for me as my squadron's mission often included working in concert with similar ships.

Visited June 2013

Western WA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“History Buffs will enjoy the tourguides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Turner Joy is a must see for visitors to Bremerton or locals. Opt for the tour guide, they add a lot to the story of the ship.

Visited June 2013
Bremerton, Washington, United States
“whole family enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

my husband and i are new to the area and since he is active duty military he had free admission. My mother was visiting and we all enjoyed viewing how navy life was aboard a real ship!

Visited May 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Such an adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Bring your imagination! Great family fun for kids who can climb up and down ladders. Really makes you think of what our military has had to endure. A wonderful piece of history. I'd give it a good hour to an hour and a half if you really want to explore the ship. It's self guided. I like that part!

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Washington
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Perfect tour for my son.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

While in Bremerton I took my son on a tour of the USS Turner Joy. As it was a Friday afternoon there was virtually no one else touring the ship. My son who's 9 and i had full run of the ship. He though that was amazing. while touring below deck we ran into one of the ever friendly volunteers he went out of his way to explains things to my son and i.

I highly recommend taking a tour of this historic ship.

Visited November 2012