“This Place is Entirely Overrated”

Hi-Lo's 15th Street Cafe
Ranked #1 of 199 Restaurants in Bremerton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This place is crazy busy! I would say they've totally outgrown their space, but the VW bus seems to be part of their charm.

My friend and I arrived to a full house. We were informed it would take 30 min. for a table and were shown the coffee counter at the rear of the bus. There wasn't a place where we could stand that we weren't in the way, so we kept up the shuffle, standing here, there and everywhere since there is no place designated for you to wait.

We were eventually seated at a table for four and were soon accompanied by a mother and daughter to share the space. Since it was a breakfast date with my friend and we had been looking forward to catching up, I didn't really appreciate having to share our table and our conversation.

Reviewers seem to enjoy the hippy feel to the place, but I found our server very odd and not at all friendly.

Although I had it in my mind to order the moon biscuits at everyone's recommendation, I couldn't pass up the "special," an egg scramble with the works. It would be pretty hard to mess up an egg scramble, but the oven roasted potatoes that came with it were completely dried out and I couldn't eat them.

I'm inclined to think this place is entirely overrated.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Food is ok but they pack you in like cord wood and you have to share tables. I really hate that you have to get your own coffee, when I go out to eat I want to be served. It's also some hippie coffee no Folgers or tasters choice. you can sit in a VW bus and eat if that blows your hair back.

1  Thank Skattman
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I arrived hungry after a long drive and my son recommended Hi-Lo's 15th Street Cafe. Good recommendation! We were pleasantly greeted, filled the mugs with coffee, and seated promptly. The attentive server had a sense of humor and a smile. We enjoyed the omelet, the meat loaf sandwich, the cheeseburger, the salad, and everything we'd ordered was tasty. This is a small, popular eatery with a funky, fun atmosphere (uniquely decorated) and we appreciated it. The cafe is popular with locals, and easily crowded, but the food was well prepared and the atmosphere would be lost (or certainly difficult to sustain) in a larger restaurant. I'm glad we stopped in. I hope to return, and I recommend it to others. Depending on the timing of your arrival, you may have to wait 15-20 minutes for a table. We were fortunate to arrive as a table emptied and we were seated very promptly.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Read the reviews and thought I'd give this a try my breakfast of an omelet with cheese, bacon and spinach was very good potatoes were good well as I requested, All the people working there were pleasant and very helpful. Constant crowd of people came in while I was there this past raining Sunday. Definitely a keeper wish I good have made it back for the Monday night specials.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

A group of 7 of us decided to give it a try; other than not knowing how small it was inside so having to wait about 20 min, it was a great place to start the morning. Friendly staff and hearty quantity of food made it a great overall place. Biggest glass of OJ around too!