“My stay at the Oyster Bay Hotel”

Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bremerton
sc
“My stay at the Oyster Bay Hotel”
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I have stayed in some of the best hotels in Seattle and in the Bremmerton area, I had to come out for an emergency and could find no empty rooms anywhere. I found Oyster Bay Hotel online and not sure what I would find when i arrived I was greeted with the most caring employees who wanted to help in any way possible. As far as the rooms yes they are a little older but they have everything you need. The view is so beautiful which i could not get even in Seattle unless you pay 300 dollars per night . I will DEFINATELY stay here next time i come for a visit with my son. I will this time rent the club house though which is not even half the price of other hotels with the same annemities. Really how long do you stay in the room when you go on vacation ! Again as for the staff at the hotel, I could not ask for nicer treatment, unlike the Sheraton and some others i have stayed at.

• Liked — the friendly staff and the views
  • Disliked — the hot and cold water fluctuations
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oyster360, General Manager at Oyster Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
We are under new ownership and management as of May 2012. The Oyster Bay Inn's new manager and owner hope to see you revisit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 28, 2006

A 3 Star hotel rating is as ambiguous as a politician answering a simple yes or no question. Especially among the mid priced chains there can be a significant difference in amenities and overall hotel quality. My company provides a basic travel allowance, so my goal is how I can get the most hotel for my budget. Therefore my reviews will be on how close the hotel meets my "3 Star" expectations.

What are my 3 Star expectations? The room should contain an AM/FM alarm radio, desk or work area with chair and high speed Internet access, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and iron board. So if a hotel exceed these expectations, it will be noted in the Pro, if items are lacking it will be noted in the con.

Pro: Larger then usual rooms, under $75 a night. Only stay if you can get a room facing the Puget Sound. Included extras; queen sofa bed, balcony, microwave and mini fridge, high speed wired and wireless Internet access, better then average mattress. Smaller cloth tabled restaurant with great views and modest prices. Other posts have mentioned smells, I did not notice any unplesant smells in my "no smoking" room or anywhere else in the hotel.

Con: This is an older hotel with older furniture that I’m sure was considered better quality when it was originally installed. Newer carpets do not make up for the drab interiors and Motel 6 quality towels.

This hotel gets 4 stars for me because overall this area has a poor choice of hotels and if you are going to spend a similar amount of money elsewhere I would rather stay here and enjoy the friendly staff and great views.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank ganon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2006

Stayed here a couple of years back and wouldn't put a dog in there. If you like smoke with everything you eat or drink, then this is the place for you. They also give a $10.00 chit to use for the bar or diningroom daily (not sure this is legal for the military or civil service people on Per Diem) but even that wouldn't get me back.

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed April 2, 2006

We only had dinner at this place, and that was quite enough. I ordered the special, chicken egglant parmesan, which was not the baked casserole-type dish I expected. I wish I had sent it back but, regretfully, I ate quite a bit of the chicken.

By two in the morning, I was draped over the commode saying goodbye to the chicken. Unfortunately, the microbes stayed. I was sick at least twelve more times. This single bad dinner spoiled the rest of our trip and required visiting a medical clinic for treatment.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank MercyHeart
Watertown, CT. 06795
Reviewed March 9, 2006

My most recent stay was 9/2004 at Osyter Bay Inn. I am from Connecticut and had my cousin who I was planning on visiting who lives in the Bremmerton area look around for a nice place for me to stay for the week.After searching and checking on a lot of the motels in that area she gave me the info on this motel in which she found to be the best choice to stay at. That was in September 2001 and it turned out to be a great choice. I loved the room, it had everything that we needed, a beautiful view of the water with a deck to sit on, a refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board and sitting area. The room was very clean and and large. There was a restaurant there also that the food was excellent.There were other places to eat close by. We also were able to pick up some groceries for snacks for us to eat in the room from a nearby grocery store for the times we did not feel like going out to eat or for just a quick something for breakfast if we did not feel like going to the free breakfast at the Inn or for late night snack.
I had such wonderful memories of waking up to such a lovely wooded view facing the water, plus going out on the deck to look at the birds and wildlife.
When I went back to Bremmerton in September of 2004,I just had to stay there again. My husband came with me on this trip and could not have agreed more with me about Oyster Bay Inn. He is a medical doctor and used to staying in the "regular run of the mill hotels" and found this to be quite relaxing and peaceful too.
The smell in the hallway he said was from the bush outside the doorway and only on one side of the building. We did not smell any smoke in the halls nor did we find any of the sheets dirty. Everything was very clean. I would recommend Oyster Bay Inn for anyone who wants a nice peaceful stay and a memory to last of waking up and going to sleep with a nice view and also if you like to have a snack or warm up food in the room, there is a table and chairs to sit at plus the microwave and refrigerator comes very much in handy.
We plan on returning again this year (2006) and we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2004
2 Thank MarionGW
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2005

This place was a wonderful get away.clean rooms,charming staff,and a restraunt with yummy food right there....Only thing that we noticed in the way of smells was in the hallway.Like someone had been burning scented candles.Not unpleasant though.It was so nice we stayed an extra night...

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2005

I stayed here for one night in October, 2004. The entire hotel, especially the lobby and hallways, smelled strongly of smoke and mildew. Several of the lights in the room did not work and the sheets were stained. I could hear street noise all night. I think this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2004, traveled on business