“Fantastic feeling!”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bremerton
spoken
“Fantastic feeling!”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have good memory here. specially view was so beautiful and peace.
I just stayed in kitchenette. $84
I think it's reasonable price. I was so satisfied.
I also had great lunch here, hmmm....
As soon as I have chance Im gonna visit again Oysterbayinn and get FANTASIC FEELING!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Black_Riders
Oyster360, General Manager at Oyster Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
We are under new ownership and management. The Inn's new manager and owner hope to see you revisit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
digeister
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I went looking for a 1970's style hotel for a "retro" kind of vacation; and I sure got it with the Oyster Bay Inn. Sitting right on the bay, the Oyster Bay Inn occupies some incredibly valuable property with views that are breathtaking.... in the back of the hotel. The front is another story. Painted a bathroom pink, this hotel looks and feels like an old lounge. I expected Sammy Davis Jr. to pop out of the back anytime! But it was exactly what I wanted for my retro trip, so it was perfect. The rooms were huge... we rented a 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment, full balcony overlooking the bay, with full kitchen for $200 a night. There is a lounge across the parking lot with Karaoke which was fun-a little too much fun.

The only negative was when the front office called around 2am and said the apartment below us (occupied as an apartment full time) had called and complained about the noise. We told them we were all asleep and they said they weren't even sure it was us the call had come in about-yet they woke their guests up at 2am to tell them to be quiet. But that was the only negative.

The Oyster Bay Inn is great if you're looking for an old style hotel with excellent views (out the back) in Bremerton. The staff is apathetic, the furnishings were last updated in the 90's, and the paint job can turn a stomach... but it's cheap, roomy, located well, and exactly what you'll want if you want to go retro and try something different than the run-of-the-mill cookie cutter hotels.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane B
Oyster360, Manager at Oyster Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
US
Reviewed September 13, 2009

This place is a dump with a rather odd smell to it. The walls are paper thin. I heard every move the person in the rooms next to me and upstairs from me made. In fact when the person next to me turned on his/her shower I thought somehow my shower had mysteriously come on. Stay up in Silverdale instead.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Popeye007

Travelers are raving about these Bremerton hotels

Creswell, OR
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Don't waste your money on this place. The bed was hard, the pillows flat, the balcony was small, the halls were smelly and the "hot breakfast" was the worst I've ever had. Who serves chocolate cake instead of pastries for breakfast.

I will never stay there again. However, I do recommend the Flagship Inn next door. I was great and cheaper.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Creswellian
Bremerton
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We only went there for dinner. The food was disgusting. Beware!! We live in Bremerton and will never go back. It's too bad because we heard it was a good restaurant at one time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebod
Snohomish County, WA
Reviewed July 22, 2009

This place has some really positive things going for it: nice views from several of the rooms; adequate, easy access parking; pleasant staff; VERY quiet with sliding glass doors closed, even though it was full both times; clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, they have some major (to us) problems with their service, and with the honesty of their ads. Here's what happened to us...

Based on the appealing website with promises of such things as wireless connections in every room (not so!), an award-winning restaurant (closed), and beautiful setting (not bad, if you don't mind something disgustingly sticky all over the railings and floor of the balcony, and the dripping from the people cleaning fish on the balcony above), we chose this motel for a recent stay in Bremerton. Unfortunately, it was the 4th of July. Although the room was adequate and clean, the unsupervised fireworks display in the courtyard after the unpalatalbe "free barbecue" (no choice but to eat there since they closed the restaurant & lounge) resulted in guests fleeing for cover as rockets misfired in every direction. Back in the relative safety of our room, we were subjected to the sound of fireworks being shot off from the surrounding balconies. The next morning, we went down around 8:15 for the free breakfast purportedly offered until 9:00. They were out of nearly everything, including coffee. Disgusted, we stopped at the front desk to pick up an ethernet cable, and returned to our room to check e-mails and do a bit of business before leaving. We were unable to find a wireless port, even after moving all the furniture that wasn't attched to the walls. Finally called the front desk, TWICE, to have someone come show us this elusive connection. They did at last send someone up, and she was also unable to find any connection whatsover. We checked out and headed home.

Two weeks later, we needed to make another trip to Bremerton, and decided that maybe most of the problems we'd encountered at Oyster Bay Inn the first time were because of the busy holiday. Decided to give them another chance. Their website was malfunctioning (not allowing any July reservation dates) so we called to make a reservation, and were promised an upper floor view room. When we got there, they tried to give us one on the bottom floor with no view, even though we could see our names pencilled in on the room we'd been promised. They told us they were booked solid, but when we objected they "found" us a room on the 2nd floor with a view. This time the restaurant was open, though ominously empty. We found out why in short order. The service was good, but the food was at best mediocre. Back to the room: again, no wireless connection; no curtains; and breakfast ran out even earlier than before(a round 8:00) - as did the dishes, utensils, and even mugs and glasses!!!

Bottom line, spend a few more $$ elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stuela
We are under new ownership and management as of May 2012. The Inn's new manager and owner hope to see you revisit soon!
Newport News, VA
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I've stayed at this motel on two occasions. Both times I've had good experiences with the staff. As others have said, the place is a bit older, but everything in the rooms functions well and I actually think the old 'pleather' chairs in the room are pretty comfy. The little balcony has a nice view over Oyster Bay.

I've only eaten in their full service restaurant once, and it was pretty good, but I usually stick to the bar food or go roam about town to find something new. The front desk staff are happy to provide suggestions of places to eat in the vicinity. The bar menu has shrunk quite a bit since the first time I was there (but they have Manny's on tap, a local brew that I enjoy).

Overall it is a fine place to stay if you're not looking for anything fancy. They honor the government rate so it works for me on business travel when there aren't too many options in town.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
We are under new ownership and management as of May 2012. We hope to see you revisit soon!