“Like an oyster; can have a hidden pearl inside”

Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bremerton
Port Townsend, Washington
“Like an oyster; can have a hidden pearl inside”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have gone by this hotel many times, but I have business out that way and we wanted a cheap place to stay. We were very impressed; for one thing, the prices were insanely low! The front desk clerk was professional and helpful, and since my husband runs a hotel that is an important quality to us. It is dated, but clean and a large room with a balcony and lovely view. We were wishing it was warm and we could take wine and cheese out to the gazebo! I don't know if that is allowed, but it looked inviting. We got up late, missed breakfast [our fault, I hadn't been feeling well]. A big game was on, and I could see that would be a fun weekend for some to order pizza and watch on the flat screen. I saw the ad for speed dating...I do question the idea of for $10 speed dating [have been to those before I was married, usually set up by a company] but the next line being that it was for Valentines day and the mattresses were new. Wow! Cheap date, and there were some questionable young women hanging out that didn't seem to have a room, so I hope there isn't something going on that we weren't aware of! Still, it was fairly quiet [thank goodness the people upstairs were not too active; could hear every footstep], and we do plan or coming again and ordering delivery since there is no lounge, but a nice quiet weekend away nonetheless.

Room Tip: One building faces the water, the other the road, so water view is much more pleasant!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Germany
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The prices are good. The room was clean. The view of the water was lovely. The staff was helpful and nice but I did see one person get in trouble for trying to take food out of the breakfast area and bring it to their room. This seemed a bit strict for no reason. The breakfast was standard low end. The property is somewhat run down. .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Well I was just there this weekend (Dec 7/8 2014). The price was great but quickly went down hill from there. I was in town for a race and ended up referring people and filling 2 more rooms for them.
On the second night my friend (who was in a separate building than I) was woke at 2a.m. from there fire alarm that stayed on for an hour.
They did nothing to compensate him or the other guests the next morning. (there was no fire).
After check out I got a call saying that 2 hand towels were missing from my room, and they ended up charging my card $11.95
I find it sad that they knew I referred them guests, yet charged me for two towels I didn't take (obviously I can't prove I didn't take them), yet they seemed to not care a bit about there guests being woke up for an hour in the middle of the night for an hour by a fire alarm!

Jason Gainey. Olympia, Wa

Room Tip: Stay in the main building and get a water view. Be ready for a smelly elevator, and while visiting m...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sultan, Washington
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. Accommodations are dated but comfortable. The view is beautiful. Full breakfast was a great surprise, especially given the nightly rate.
Pet friendly, too!
The only reason I don't give this 5 stars is because one of the staff at the desk was so belligerently rude to her co-worker; advising us that the young lady who graciously passed us scissors across the desk to open our new dog leash was "nobody" and a "pee-on." Then proceeded to stand over my husband with the scissors and told him, "yes, I work here, I'm going to watch you with our scissors. It IS a sharp object."
All else here was lovely and reasonable. But that incident bothered me enough to make me second guess another stay.

Stayed November 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

As noted this place does need some updating. However, we found our room to be very clean, large, a nice deck with a great view of the bay. It was also quiet considering it is on a busy street. The heater worked well and we had a comfy room in no time. Helpful staff, some healthy breakfast items. Do be careful of the showers...the water temp can change quickly depending on who else is showering in a room close by. They give a military discount on top of an already reasonable price, and in my book it is a value that is hard to beat. We enjoyed our stay here and would come here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Laurel, Montana, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our second trip to Bremerton and our second stay at Oyster Bay Inn. We stayed here for 11 days while on vacation visiting family. We had a king room with a view of the bay it had all amenities you would need. Staff was pleasant. Clean rooms . Sure it could use some fresh paint and newer carpet but for the price we paid it was a great room, good free breakfast every morning. We will stay here every time we go.

Room Tip: ask for view of the bay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As was noted by some of the other’s on reviews for the Oyster Bay Inn, I didn’t really know what to expect, but we were very satisfied with our stay. No, it’s not a 5-star but it’s not 5-star price either. Friendly staff behind the counter, nice room overlooking the bay with a pocket balcony, fridge and microwave, and good breakfast. The only hitch was the ac fan was a bit noisy, so I did shut that off and opened the balcony door to get fresh air in at night. I would certainly have no hesitation going back there.

Room Tip: upper level rooms have the best views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business