“Disappointing! ”

Rosabella's Garden Bakery
Ranked #4 of 4 Bakeries in Bow
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Very cute from the outside will make you want to stop, but as soon as you enter your opinion will quickly change. The unfriendliness of the employees and "do not" signs in addition to the over priced products, will make you turn around and head for the door. We had a little issue with one employee as we wanted to use the bathroom. We were informed that you either have to pay for the bathroom or buy $5.00 worth of items per person. We spent $15.00 and two of us wanted to use the restroom she then tried to charge us for the second persons use of the bathroom. We politely told her we spent $15.00 needless to say she did not charge us but was very rude about it. It's Just unfortunate because this place has so much potential.

3  Thank NoTrip2Far

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I took my 94-year-old Dad with me to experience the great Gravenstein apples at their height (usually around Labor Day, a little late this year). We drove up, had lunch, and bought 2 boxes of the biggest, juiciest Gravensteins ever. Merritt's apples are the best. The sandwiches were huge and delicious, with lots of extras, and the vegetable soup was thick and tasty -- crammed with lovely veggies and not just a lot of watery broth. The pie (we had apple and boysenberry) was really gourmet, packed with fruit and beautifully seasoned.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stopped in for pie while on a trip to Mt. Vernon for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. I have two girls who are nuts for pie so this was at the top of their list. The pies were great. Didn't try the other bakery items, but they all looked really good. You can get ice cream with the pie if you want ... the ice cream was the only thing I wasn't fond of, as it was soft-serve and overly sweet for pie.

The person who helped us, who I assumed was the owner, told me she baked everything herself. You can't miss it -- there's a huge sign that says "PIE" on the top of the building.

Regarding the negative reviews -- we stopped in with our kids, 8 and 12, and had no issue whatsoever with anyone being rude to us. Both the owner and a male employee stopped by our table and chatted with my girls for a few minutes. The girls walked around the store on their own looking for souvenirs and no one said a word. They had some interesting items. Can't speak to the restroom situation as we didn't use it, but it certainly isn't uncommon for a restaurant or store to want you to make a purchase to use their facilities.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I loved all the gift ideas. Really unique items. This place is not on the main roads. I often take back country roads and found it. I would stop there, every time it is open. Only open certain days and hours. Please go there, you will enjoy it. That is if you like linens, cookbooks, kitchen utensils, decoratiions, spices, mixes, many more items and DOUGHNUTS, also baked goods.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

it was just a quick stop, during off road cruising, but well worth; we found local produce like honey, pickels and lots of other home made goodies, like pastry etc. etc. The owners were there, both very friendly!

1  Thank cafferiello