“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Skagit Ridge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
The Skagit Ridge Hotel
You added The Skagit Ridge Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bow
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My Husband and I just got back from a night at the Skagit Ridge Hotel (the same owner as Skagit Valley Casino & Hotel but across the street).

The rooms were large and clean. Our room had a HUGE really comfortable king bed and all the little amenities you would need. We had a back view of the beautiful treed area behind us. There was also a sink, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Check in and out was fast and easy. They offer a free shuttle to take you over to the casino because "across the street" is still a few blocks away. It was really quiet and there wasn't a lot of traffic or hustle and bustle.

The only complaints I have are minor and it wouldn't stop me from going back but for the review I will post list them;
- the doors are super heavy and slam shut so when your neighbour goes in and out (7 times in the morning) you will be woken every time!
- the water pressure is super light, hard to wet your hair in the shower, but I know this is for water savings
- I know continental breakfasts usually end early but I would like to see them go beyond 9:30, especially when you've been over at their casino late into the night
- some people might not like the fact that the fridge motor comes on during the night but if you're a heavy sleeper you won't hear it

Overall great night out with the Hubby!

Room Tip: We chose top floor back view...nice and quiet (except the neighbour beside us)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frequenttravels555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rochester, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a last minute stay in a king smoking room because it was the last room they had. We were going to a race at Skagit Speedway which is about 3 miles away. The room was clean, and we didn't have any issues. Our 21 year old daughter came with us the front desk added a folding bed for $10. Check in was fast and easy. We had a beautiful view of a mountain out the window. The front desk called and made sure everything was OK with the room within 15 minutes after we got settled in. It's across the highway from the casino, but the courtesy bus runs every 15 minutes. The WI-FI worked great. It was totally quiet even though they were fully booked. I would defiantly stay again!

Room Tip: Make sure to get the players card for a better rate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

my girlfriend and I stayed here for one night and had an amazing time. We have stayed here several times before and never have been disappointed. The rooms are huge and very clean and the service is great!
Breakfast was good and your standard fare. The bonus is the shuttle to the casino and the fact I won $1000...lol
I would highly recommend the Skagit Ridge!

Room Tip: have stayed in several rooms on different floors and all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I attended a conference at the Skagit Valley Casino Resort nearby and stayed here because the SVCR was out of non-smoking rooms at the time. I found the hotel very clean, quiet, comfortable and efficiently run. The rooms were much quieter than I expected although the hotel was full on the nights I stayed. They have a shuttle running between the Ridge and the Casino four times per hour until late night, then on-call.
(You can walk the distance as well in about 10-15 minutes or you can just drive your own car back and forth - parking is no problem.)
Wi-fi is very good in the lobby but very weak in my room, which was not far off the lobby. So I had to go out and sit at a table in the hall to get good reception. That was the only issue in my experience.

Room Tip: If in-room WiFi is important, try it out before accepting your room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray R
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and decided on the Skagit Ridge Hotel. This was our second visit. I attempted to book online but the website was a huge pain! Over the course of a week I was unable to get anywhere. I sent an email but this came back undeliverable. Finally in frustration, I phoned and received very courteous and helpful assistance in reserving the room I wanted. Ironically, we ended up in the same room that we had on our first visit. The hotel has a very big, bright, and welcoming lobby. Our room was large and very comfortable, complete with kitchen sink, small fridge, and a microwave. Exceptionally clean throughout! Open the curtains and you look onto forest--very, very private. Breakfast is okay but limited to toast, waffles, cereal, and yougurt. The Skagit Ridge Hotel is approx. two city blocks from the casino so it is very quiet. The towns of Burlington and Mt. Vernon are only a ten minute drive with lots of restaurants and shopping. If you are looking for action this is NOT the place, but it is ideal for a quiet relaxing getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Hawleydaze
vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

This review is for the Skagit Ridge Casino hotel which is NOT the one next to the casino, but across from it.

PRICE: the price is a VERY good value, join SKAGIT club member at the casino and you can get a better discount.

LOCATION: very central with a car, close to Burlington outlet and another 1/2 hour takes you to Seattle Premium Outlets.

STAFF: friendly.

ROOM: We had the 1-king bed on the 1st floor that had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, ironboard, hair dryer (shower head spray was not that powerful), it's clean and spacious, as you continue reading I had to give them an average due to my ladybug experience.

THE EXPERIENCE: I walk in and the receptionist greeted me by my last name! I asked her how she knew my name as this was my FIRST time ever to stay at this hotel, she said that there were only 5 check-in's that day (so I guess I was the last person of the 5 to check-in?) Anyways, we went to our hotel room and dropped off our stuff and went out again to go for a bite. We come back to the room and I asked my husband if the air conditioning was left on or it turned on when we slipped our hotel keys to get into the room, we figured that it was turned on the whole time. We settled in for the night, I had to do an assignment and my husband was on the internet and as I was stretching, I looked up and saw a ladybug and thinking they were harmless and it was the only bug that I'm not afraid of, we left it. Come around 1:00 a.m. another stretch and look up and there are now 4 ladybugs actively walking AND flying on the ceiling!! Then I realized that since they were so active and flying I DID NOT want one flying on me or even into my mouth if i open my mouth to sleep!
We called front desk and told him about the ladybug problem and he gave me the options: A) we kill them; B) he comes into the room to kill it; C) he gets pest control or maintenance to come and LOOK at the problem. I figured with 5 people in the hotel surely he can give us another one since it's 1:15 a.m........WELL, he said that we would be charged the hotel rate for another room!!!!!
Option A would've been what we would've done but we didn't want to "smudge" or "ruin" the walls/ceiling of the room and get dinged for it as 'damage' we told him to come deal with it. So, the front desk comes in with a plastic bag and starts jumping and trying to get them off the ceiling and kill them (with a plastic bag), after about 5-minutes of failed attempts, he decided to go get something so he can reach the ceiling and get it (REALLY??) comes back 5-minutes later and he has a vacuum and sucks all the ladybugs for us. Afterwards, I joked and said maybe he should keep the vaccum here so I can keep sucking them from the ceiling and he was going to leave it with us! I told him that maybe this was not a good solution as I might be having it on all night and 'disturbing' the other guests?????????????
Drama over, it is 1:45 a.m.
Check-out time, front desk asked how my stay was and I told her I did not want to discuss it, and said "oh...the bug problem" I confirmed and she slipped and said 'oh we get that all the time' and then I was disgusted and asked "so this is a regular problem? and your hotel doesn't do anything about preventing this?" she said that they were next to a farm and it was beyond their control, and that this problem also occurs at their other hotel across the way (Skagit Hotel located right next to the casino).
Anyways, this was my one (and hopefully only) experience at The Skagit Ridge but will be continuing my stays at the regular Skagit Hotel next to the casino.
Hope this helps!!!

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing South or whichever faces the farm next to the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WongToy-CynJoEd
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Rooms and hotel very clean and modern. Staff very friendly and continental breakfast on par with similar hotels. Wifi free and limited to rooms near lobby. Free shuttle service to casino every 15 minutes. I have stayed at casino hotel and the Ridge is much nicer although is located a short drive across the street. Be sure to join rewards club which will take off 20.00 during weekday stays. Shopping close by in Burlington, with popular stores and outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 04Honda599
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Fairfield Inn & Suites Burlington
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
3.5 of 5 stars 123 reviews

Been to The Skagit Ridge Hotel? Share your experiences!