“Enjoyed Again”

Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Bow
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on scenic Chuckanut Drive (HWY 11) overlooking Samish Bay and the San Juan Islands. We are a casual dining destination restaurant offering great food and exceptional service - all in a beautiful setting. Housed in a manor originally built in 1934, Chuckanut Manor has served Skagit Valley, Bellingham and surrounding areas for over 50 years. With a classic roadhouse supper club feel, we embrace history while constantly striving to bring you new and inventive flavors from the kitchen and bar. Join us for a quick bite to eat and a beer after a hike to oyster dome, a romantic dinner for two, or a holiday family gathering. Come. Sip a glass of wine as the sun sets over the bay and the islands. Feast on a gourmet meal. Relax, unwind and enjoy.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Chuckanut Drive combines scenic views and meal-time enjoyment. A favorite is the Chuckanut Manor with a great view of Samish Bay and tasty menu entrées to match. A specialty is the Whiskey Crab soup (just made when we stopped recently) and we couldn't pass up the Calamari. Fresh local oysters are served as you like them!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was a lucky find for lunch. We happened upon this place around lunch time and it was a great find. We ate lunch on the outside deck. The crab whiskey soup was beyond wonderful. The calamari had us all sneaking a piece. There are lots of rooms of white linen table clothed tables so likely this place is popular at night and for meetings.

The service was great - the food fabulous. This was a lucky find. We'll add it to our "must go back" list.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I always make the hour drive to Chuckanut Manor for the Food & the View.
The food has always been good. And not only that, they have been very accommodating to our food preference. We were there early afternoon, but I wanted to order the Handcut Ribeye which is in the dinner menu, and I was so happy that they let me.....and it was soooo good. And my husband had the Filet Oscar which is also very good. We shared the Whiskey Crab Soup, and it was awesome.
I also have to mention that we were there last year August for a Seafood Boil, and it was the best.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I came here on Valentine's Day which happened to be a Friday and decided to try the seafood and steak buffet that we had heard rave reviews about from friends. The location is just beautiful, they had lights on the trees as you walk in and everyone working there was incredibly friendly. We made reservations as for that particular night you couldn't get in otherwise. We shared a bottle of wine and had the calamari app before we started towards the buffet line. I was surprised how much the buffet had to offer. Salads, all types of seafood, pasta and a carving station with steak and stuffed pork. Another station a man was sauteing up fresh prawns prepared however way you liked it with choices of ingredients to cook them up with, as well as serving raw oyster on the half shell. Since we were splurging that night I decided that I still had room for dessert and ordered the chocolate cheesecake, it was to die for. The place is spendy but you get what you pay for and it was a special treat we will always remember.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a great restaurant with a fabulous view and outstanding food! We had not dined at this establishment in a few years - it's an hour's drive for us - but well worth the trip! We chose to go on Sunday for their famous Sunday Champagne Brunch - delish! Lots of seafood, flat iron steak and pork tenderloin, pickled herring, cold salads and even desserts- the price is reasonable, too. Be sure to get a reservation - this place is very popular. Also - try their signature Bloody Mary - it's a real treat and a meal in itself!

1  Thank theraglady