“Saturday Drive to Edison”
Review of Tweets

Tweets
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Bow
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 9, 2018

It was a sunny Saturday and my wife's Birthday, so we decided to travel to Edison for lunch. A friend had recommended Tweets, so we chose to give it a try. Arrived about noon to find it busy, but not so that we couldn't find a nice table on the deck outside. Noted seating at picnic tables on the lawn next door, so ample seating on a nice day. My wife selected the Lamp Kebabs and described it as wonderful. Being an accomplished home chef, she usually has a comment if something is missing or could use an addition or change. Nothing this time! I selected the Smoked Salmon Pattie and Latkes. It came on a bed of Arugula with a creamy béchamel sauce over the Latkes. And topped by a perfectly cooked egg, sunny side up. A few green olives tossed in the Arugula. A very tasty dish. However the salmon Pattie was over cooked and dried out. To me salmon (one of my all time favorite proteins) is very delicate and must be carefully monitored when cooked. It needed to be sautéed with some moisture left and it would have been the perfect plate. The egg yolk provided a wonderful dipping sauce for the salmon. Friendly staff and they put a lot of food out of the closet size kitchen. I will be back! As a side note, we had a little Swallow on a wire above our table that Tweeted throughout our meal. Maybe it was trained!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

We have eaten here a number of times during our motorcycle rides. Food is always great and fun. There is something here for everyone. Prices and location are great.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Someone in Bellingham told us to stop at Tweets. We were very glad that we did. Organic coffee and some kind of vegetable egg scramble. Delicious. Funky fun atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Tweets is a small rustic cafe situated in the "artsy" village of Bow, WA.

Inside you'll find 2 picnic benches that seat six, 3 tables that seat four and 1 tall long table with stools that seat four or five. There are outdoor tables for about 10 total.

The Menu changes daily and is handwritten by the chef on a chalkboard.

An Order is placed at the front counter, and the food is brought to the table.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. It's clear that they are proud of the food that is prepared with loving care and tailored to the individual. For example, I had requested poached eggs (which I learned they did not do), but the chef personally offered to baste my eggs in olive oil; it worked out wonderfully. My two eggs were nicely done. The two pieces of bacon were thick and full of delicious smoky flavor. The potatoes (soft and easy to cut with a fork) had a slight buttery, garlic taste (not too salty). The accompanying Salad was a nice mix of greens and cherry tomatoes seasoned with a delicate Vinaigrette. As I was midway through my meal, the Chef personally asked how the breakfast tasted. Impressive!

Also availed are lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, and other coffee and tea drinks. My 12 oz. Latte had a deep, rich coffee color with the full flavor one would expect at a Coffee House on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.

In the display are huge, huge, huge peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ganache cookies, torpedo length biscotti, lemon tarts the size of linoleum tiles, and other mouth watering desserts. I ordered a very large piece of peach-blueberry pie that I split with my wife who said that it reminded her of a cobbler that her "grandma" once made from scratch.

Prices in March 2018 for my order:
$14 for 2 eggs bacon potatoes salad
$4.50 12 oz latte
$7.00 for a large piece of peach-blueberry pie

They are open only three days a week:
9 AM to 6:00 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

It is BEST to arrive early when they open at 9 am because there are Insane lines and a wait after 11 am to close.

While the place can be very crowded with limited seating, the overall quality is excellent; food is prepared with care and has very good flavor. Be prepared and creative because there is virtually no parking.

Delicious, but crowded.

Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

Tweets is a must if you find yourself in the Skagit Valley. The food is wonderful and very creative. The cafe mocha is superior. Funky atmosphere with friendly, helpful staff. Just great.

Been to Tweets? Share your experiences!