“:-)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
The Skagit Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bow
“:-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Skagit for three days in Sept. 2004 during our 25th wedding anniversary. The Reception and staff was friendly and quite professional. The waitress at the Moon Beach restaurant somehow knew it was our 25th and decorated our table with special balloons. Our lobster dinner was cooked perfect.
We stayed in the Standard Suite, at a cost of over $200.00 a night, it was well worth it: BIG, clean, and comfortable and a sexy two-person jetted spa in the room and a gas fireplace. The outside balcony in our room was big enough for just the two of us. Only one time did we catch a glimpse of the maid, she seemed to service our room every time we went out. The Indoor heated pool was toasty warm; we were the only ones using it.
Our winnings more than paid for our entire trip. The only thing we did not like was the smoke in the casino area.

• Stayed September 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2005

I especially enjoyed the Moon Beach Cafe atmosphere. The meal was a beautiful presentation, but had too much on presentation and not enough for taste. too many onion rings on the meat, and a little too much fat in the meal. But I loved the evening there because it was so quiet and out of the way. It gave you a Las Vegas feeling. The salads were wonderful and the wine was excellent. I would return again
The hotel was very friendly and also a wonderful atmosphere. I would return again.

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2005

Love the hotel -it all the amenities needed and the smorgesborg is the best especailly the seafood one on Wednesdays. plus it is close to all the shopping in Mt Vernon/Burlington so you can leave your husband at the casino and spend the winnings.
Only major draw back is the smoke in the casino. As an asthma sufferer I find I can't stay in the casion anymore than 1-2 hours before it affects my breathing. Several others I talked to at the casion commented on the same thing.Why can't they get better or more smoke ejectors or at least have a designated area for non smokers?
Other than that I would reccommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2005

We stayed at the Skagit Valley Mar 3 on a runaway trip to Portland and then again Mar 6, 05 on the return trip. This was the third and fourth time we have stayed here. Seeing as we keep returning, that goes to enforce the above average rating that the resort recieves from Marla and me.

Location - the Skatgit Valley Hotel is located 10 minutes north of Mt. Vernon Washington on I-5. It is easy to get to from both the North and the South. The rooms are average if not a bit large. We had King size double and two Queen beds in our rooms. There is a table and or writing desk. It all depends on where you come from, but for the most part there is no special kind of view. There are alot of trees and pacific northwest forest, on a good day Mt. Baker. But it is more just a get-away kind of place.

Reception - Reservation and Checking in were very easy and friendly. As usual, you must ask for the best available rate. The folks were the usual helpful staff.

Amenities - There is a fair fitness room. Mostly cardio stuff. The pool is warm and the hot tub is very hot. There is a good dry sauna and a very comfortable ambience. The lobby has a big fireplace and lots of comfy chairs to curl up. There is a whole bunch of artwork and elegant touches. What there isn't is a place for kids. The Skagit Valley hotel and casino is not for children. There is no playground, no playroom, classical music playing in the pool area. Personally I like it.

Casino - This is a small casino compared to Las Vegas or Reno standards. So it sometimes can get crowded. There are the usual table games and lots of slots. They usually get the better of me, but I have had some luck there.

Breakfast and food - There is a very good buffet and an excellent restaurant next door in the Casino. The snack bar is bad to mediocre so we avoided it. The breakfast, included in the room price, is the standard fruit, make your own waffles, cereals and breads. The staff was nice and the service was well attended.

Entertainment - The Resort occasionally has name acts come in, Ronnie Milsap was there on Mar 6 but the show was sold out. It appears to be a very country crowd.

Overall, if you don't have kids and want to have a good get away from driving I-5 it is a nice place to stop. No major negatives, but its not the Four Seasons either.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2004

We recently stayed at the Skagit Valley Casino and were very impressed. The hotel has larger than usual rooms, and everything was new and clean. The staff in the hotel and casino were very friendly and helpful. The casino itself is pretty large and has a wide variety of slots and table games. It was clean and very safe. The bar closes at 1am on the weekend, though, so plan accordingly. The dinner and brunch buffets had good selection and adequate food. I deducted one star from my review because of the price of the hotel and restaurants: we thought it was quite expensive, and although very nice they are probably not the best value. In short, you never forget that you're not in Las Vegas, but it comes pretty close!

3 Thank jezzicuh
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2004

What other reviewer's have neglected to mention is the hotel at the Skagit Valley Casino. It's separated from the casino just enough to remove you from any casino noise and provides some of the nicest accomodations in the area. The hotel is relatively new and doesn't show any of the signs of wear of older properties. I've always booked their online reservations and have gotten some fantastic deals on their Executive Suites (located on the top floor). They located on the top floor and sport vaulted ceilings, a separate living room and bedroom. A fireplace visible from the living room and bedroom. A jucuzzi, separate shower, a refrigerator and a microwave. The suites are located next to the Presidential Suite which is reserved for headliners at the casino.
The hotel also has a decent workout room and an indoor pool and whirlpool that rarely has people in it (at least when we've been there). The online specials include a casino coupon book with a free buffet. Cheesy as it sounds, the Skagit offers a excellent buffet with healthy choices in addition to standard buffet fare. There's also a fine dining restaurant and a snack bar. The casino is small, but friendly. Nearby is the beautiful Skagit Valley including La Conner and the Tulip Festival. You can also drive a view minutes south to Burlington and shop for deals at the Outlet Mall. All in all, the Skagit is a great little getaway and only an hour or so north of Seattle.

12 Thank timelvis
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2003

I found the casino very nice although it is not camparable with Lasvegas,but it is suitable to the size of community . The place was clean and not noicy, I found it very enjoyable with all the game i.e.slot game and table game.Reception and staffs are good ,polite ,and inviting..I will definitely come back again if time permit.

Last but not least food are excellent, I tried roast prime rib which is very tastety and tender.

Harn Aramvith.

2 Thank HarnA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to The Skagit Casino Resort? Share your experiences!