“A fun overnight vacation without going far”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
The Skagit Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bow
vancouver, bc
“A fun overnight vacation without going far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

My husband and I have stayed here several times and its my favorite casino in the area. It seems the most Vegas style to me (as compared to the silver reef or Nooksack). Everytime we have stayed, just the two of us, we always received a nice room. There were two times we went with some friends and I guess they assumed we were party people, because the rooms we got seemed to be more on the cruddy side. Still, no complaint, but just not as nice. Facing the freeway, burns on carpet, nothing to spoil the stay, however. I like that all the rooms have fridges so you can BYOB and have a few before going down to the casino. I stayed there on my birthday once and when we entered the room, it was full of balloons and playing cards, a nice touch, I thought. The casino has a lounge as well, with a house band so you can listen to music and dance if you want a break from gambling. I like that you can smoke, because for me, smoking and gambling go hand in hand. They do have non smoking tables too. The drinks are cheap and the dealers are always friendly. The security guards are uptight, so make sure you bring proper ID. One time I went down to the sandwich place (best sanwiches in the world!!!) and I just brought cash. Anyway, while standing in line, the security ID'd me, for a sandwich. Since I didnt bring it down with me, he wouldn't let me buy my sandwich, booo. I think the Skagit is a great place for a little getaway!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wine O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

We love Skagit! We visit the Skagit pretty much every month, for a little retreat from our day to day existance. The hotel and casino are very well maintained and we always enjoy our stay. We have stayed in both regular rooms and suite accomodation, and have been perfectly happy with both. The buffet is very nice and the casino has a self-serve soda bar, which is a nice plus. No need to wait for a waitress to pass by, even though they do so on a regular basis. The casino snack bar offers up some tasty food as well. The staff is always friendly, and the casino offers generous comps for play. We always look forward to our next visit to Skagit, and have never yet been disappointed.

• Liked — clean, friendly staff, casino comps
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

From the moment we got here, everything was fantastic. We arrived at 11:30 am without reservations. We asked for the $89 special for a regular room, but he upgraded us to a living room suite without asking. The room was AWESOME, large and very clean. We had a separate living room with a pull out couch and our room was quite large with a corner 2 person jetted spa. The bathroom was large as well. We have stayed at many casinos and hotels, but never have been treated so well. Every single staff member was extremely friendly and truly appreciative of us being here. Each staff member we encountered would smile and ask us how our day was going and what we were off to do next. I am used to not even having eye contact from hotel employees! I have to say, the casino was not as smoky as others we have been to. We arrived on Sunday and decided to hit the Sunday brunch buffet ( $14.95). It was very good....not as big as Reno or Vegas buffets, but how much can you really eat? It included fairly large peel and eat shrimp and very large dungeness crab legs and parts. (My favorite!) All in all we had a wonderful one night get away!

• Liked — The upgrade and the service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jamc379
BC, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

Got a great deal by booking online through their website. Place is spotless and staff are very helpful. Pool and sauna are open late as well as the casino. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Only thing that could have made it better was to win at the casino!

• Liked — the comfy bed
  • Disliked — smoking allowed in the casino
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

I would not recommend staying here for the reason that it is impossible to get any rest. We stayed on the main floor during the weekend. All night long drunk people screamed and partied outside the hallway. When I complained to the front desk at 2:30am, the night manager said that he could get me earplugs, but I sat in the lobby for 1/2 hour waiting and didn't get them. He told me that he personally would never stay at a casino hotel. Other than the noise factor, the beds had a large dip in the mattress. Do not believe that you are getting 2 Queensized beds. I have Queen size bed at home and this is much smaller than a Queen size. It is a shame that the hotel is run so poorly because it would be a nice getaway for the weekend. The pool is beautiful and the exercise facilities are very adequate. Too bad that the management is so poor. The night manager actually said to me that we did not specify that we wanted a quiet room when we checked in. I thought that that wouldn't be a special option. Do not stay at this hotel if you want to sleep, but it would be perfect if you had a group of friends who wanted to party and drink all night.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank coolhand18
British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2007

This is my first visit to the property, passed by it many times on the way to Seattle but never stopped. We stayed for 1 night booked a 2 queen room for the family $89.00/nt. When we checked in we were upgraded to a suite which was quite nice, it had a king size bed in the bedroom with a whirlpool tub for 2 also the main entrance to the washroom was in the bedroom too but there was an entrance by the door as well. Vaulted ceilings a gas fireplace that can be used in the bedroom as well as the living room. 2 flat screen t.v.`s. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, the pool is open till midnight and it is as nice as the pictures show. Check in was fast and handled professionally.We did`nt get to try the buffet as check out is 11 am and the buffet did`nt start until 11:30 am. The casino was OK, not to overcrowded but we did`nt go in until 12:30 am. All in al it was a nice place, not comparable by any means to Vegas but a cheap and quick getaway.

• Liked — great pool
  • Disliked — it was all good
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank aloha4now
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

Conveniently located south of Bellingham and north of Anacortes - two places we needed to be for work related activities. A beautiful hotel lobby with cozy sitting areas throughout. My husband likes to gamble and I like to spend time in the jacuzzi / pool areas. No poker room if that is your game. We stayed in rooms 214 and 215 and both were clean with large very comfortable King size beds. Bath towels were extra plush and there were plenty of towels located in the jacuzzi / pool area for guests. The jacuzzi / pool / sauna / workout areas were accessible via a sky bridge which was nice to not have to walk through the lobby - which they discourage. The equipment in the workout area was newer and kept nicely. The Market Buffet offered a large variety of food but overall the food was marginal at best. The continental breakfast offered pastries, cold cereal, fresh fruit, bagels and milk. We found the staff to be friendly enough.

• Liked — Hot tub / pool area
  • Disliked — Bland food and weak coffee
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Realaloha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to The Skagit Casino Resort? Share your experiences!