“One of my favorite”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bow
The Skagit Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bow
Benicia, California
“One of my favorite”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stay up here when doing business in the Anacortes area. Deluxe rooms are awesome. They all have a jacuzzi and fireplaces, and a balcony. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Nice fitness center. The staff is friendly and accomodating. The hotel is attached to a full-service casino with a sit-down restaurant and buffet-style resaurant. This property gives a business man a chance to unwind and relax at the end of the day. Highly recommend this hotel. Tell Mr. Corey at the front desk that Mr. Cary sent you!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here once, saw a show here once, have eaten here and played slots here a few times. I don't bother with it anymore.

The hotel room was not very nice or clean, the sound system in the showroom was awful (we left the show after 30 minutes because it was so bad), the food at the Five Onion Grill was pretty bad, and the slots were very tight. The only thing I liked about the place was the pool area.

There are better hotels and casinos in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kitty-from-the-city
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to the Skagit Valley Casino Resort Twice. The hotel is okay and average. You might think that because there is a casino there that there would be lots of noise but there isn't. The rooms are average and clean enough, but not anything special. I'm happy to settle for average and clean for the good price of the rooms.

The casino makes me so mad. None of my bank cards would work in the casino. Sometimes I would get the message that funds were insufficient, other times it just wouldn't go through at all. I was forced to get money from my credit card twice, which the fee is 21.00 each time. If I hadn't paid the fee I would have had to forget about gambling altogether and that was the only reason I paid for a room and went down there in the first place.

I was shocked that the bar stop serving alcohol at 1:00 pm. I mean this is a casino for crying out loud. No impressed again.

The other issue I had with the casino was at the end of the night when there was a security guard who was standing in the food bar and staring customers down. He was so rude to do that. I felt uncomfortable enough that I took my food and left.

One more thing, the buffet sucked! Every item was cold, inlcuding the prime rib.

I think I will be finding another place to go away on a weekend getaway where I can gamble and enjoy myself. Booooooo Skaggit Casino.

4 Thank jread1961
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed there the last weekend and will NEVER go there again! I checked in my hotel room if you call it that it was more like a closet. I opened my curtains and the room next to me could look right in my room as I was in a corner room. I moved rooms they put me in the handicap room as they were sold out which later I found out they werent. I called down the front desk as my wifi wasnt working they said "go to the hallway and see if you can get it or put your laptop to the window" I never got it so I whent down stairs to get a cord. There respond was "we have a metal roof" I went to the casino I was completly shocked with all the security they have this made me really incomfortable with them staring you down. I was approched by a patron after I came out of the restroom, if I wanted to make money. This was upsetting to me expecially with all the security guards they have.There was other patron I was talking to at the table and he also felt uncomfortable. The casino is by no means a high class resort. I also couldnt even go in the pool with out the securuty there. REALLY!!
My husband and I will never go back, there is better casino resorts for your buck!

5 Thank Nicole L
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Skagit on a number of occasions, most recently this past weekend. It's a step down from Tulalip, but at half the price it's certainly an acceptable substitute. The facility is clean, and the beds are comfortable. If you're taking a "working weekend" get-away, be advised that cell coverage can be spotty, and there is no public computer or executive office available. Wi-Fi is available however.

We didn't eat at the adjoining casino this trip, but did order a couple room service burgers. The burgers were excellent, but the accompanying fries (thin "shoestring" potatoes) were a disappointment. We have ate in the Five Onion Grill and the buffet during past visits, and they were decent.

It's a small inconvenience, but an inconvenience none the less when it comes to parking. Guests must place a parking permit on the dashboard of their car to park in the casino parking lot. Most hotels we stay at simply have us note our vehicle info/license plate on the registration form. Given the relatively small size of the facility and the parking lot, I feel the Skagit could easily take on the extra effort of checking the guest records if there's a car in the parking lot that they are concerned with, rather than place this burden on their guests.

All in all we have stayed there before, and probably will again. Tip to slot players: We stopped off at Tulalip on the way up and won. We gave it all back and then some at Skagit, but stopped by Tulalip again on the way home and recouped most of our losses. This has been typical of our experiences in the past as well.

Room Tip: Although quiet this trip, on a previous visit there was a wedding party on the 2nd floor balcony/ter...
1 Thank esarsea
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I called ahead and made a reservation at this hotel as a surprise for my husband, the front desk asked me for a visa number to hold the room and I provided her with mine. We set out on our trip and waited through a 2hr boarder line up to come down from Langley B.C.
When we finally arrived at the hotel the front desk clerk asked me for my visa and I gave her my card. It was then she decided to tell me that they do not accept Prepaid visa cards. I told her it was the same card I had given them over the phone. The manager then came over and told me it was their New policy. I told him that I should have been told this over the phone then before I spent 4hrs getting there!!! I begged and offered him $500.00 cash or the option of one of my family members calling in and providing a guarantee with their visa so our night wasn't ruined. All of which he declined and just simply said, Sorry, I can't check you in! I have used that card at the Holiday Inn chain as well as the Silver Reef Casino in Washington. Who by the way saved our anniversary by accomodating us that night!!!! A wonderful place. Shame on you Skagit Valley, learn proper business practices, I intend to tell everone possible what you did to us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Corinne H
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We (me, wife and two young children) stay here once every couple of months when visiting mother-in-law.

It's a good 3 1/2 star hotel. We travel extensively so have a pretty good sense of how it compares. It has huge potential, but the economics of the local area probably dictate what they can do.

The swimming pool/hot rub facility is good, but you are FORCED to walk outside and go through another door to enter it from the hotel. Not really pleasant when your wet from swimming and have to walk outside. Very poor design. Just one more way the Tulalip is sooo much better.

The beds aren't bad and the sheets are nice. The free wifi is adequate. Cell service is horrible.

The hotel does not allow small dogs which is an inconvenience.

This is one of the nicer hotels outside of Bellingham to the north and Tulalip/Marysville to the south.

The potential is huge and it's a shame it's not at the level of the Tulalip hotel was was just excellent.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank JasonfromTacoma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bow
Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
#2 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Cocusa Motel
Cocusa Motel
#5 of 5 in Burlington

Been to The Skagit Casino Resort? Share your experiences!