“Old time Cafe - Great food”
Review of Edison Cafe

Edison Cafe
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Bow
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast there and the food was very good. The local potatoes are part of every dish. Great for families and kids as well as couples or singles. Friendly staff. The only negative was it took awhile- in there defense it was a packed Sunday- I was told by other locals that that was unusual.

There are newer reviews for Edison Cafe

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good, honest food...fresh and hot. Try the pancakes and their jam. Yumm. Also have good soups and breads

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very cozy, breakfast/lunch place where it seemed like everyone that walked in knew everyone and even though we didn't, we weren't left feeling out.

The food and service are awesome! I had the smoked salmon omelette, my fiancé had the spicy, Thai, tofu omelette. Yummy! The red potatoes (pretty sure are grown locally), are perfectly crisped and the toasted bread comes from 'The Breadfarm' bakery, right down the street, and the preserves offered are delicious! We had raspberry today.

They had the most amazing cinnamon rolls in the case that I was very, very, tempted to get on the side. Glad I didn't though, my plate was sized perfectly!

The coffee is really good too! None of that typical Farmers brothers/Folgers you seem to find in most breakfast places. They have a cute little covered, patio area (was the drive up gas pumps a long, long time ago) for when the weather isn't so grey, cold and dreary.

I can not wait to return! Everything in the menu looked amazing!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stumbled across this little out of the way restaurant by accident several months ago.... we've been twice more since then, and this is now officially our place to stop when driving from Vancouver to Seattle.

We have had breakfast on each visit--poached eggs (cooked perfectly); sauteed red potato hash browns; the BEST bacon I've ever had; toast; and what I think (?) is homemade jam--just delicious. In theory, breakfast is a simple meal and it always amazes me how many restaurants really make a mess of it. The restaurant itself is completely charming and the staff are warm & welcoming. I highly recommend taking a little detour off the I-5 and visiting this wonderful little spot!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

For the third year in a row, we stopped at the Edison Inn for breakfast on our way to Oyster Run in Anacortes last Sunday. Great little family owned cafe. Excellent coffee served there...fresh ground and I wish I could remember what kind it is. I always have the Oyster Omlette....fresh plump and flavorful local oysters! The house 'spuds' are chunks of red skins....really good. My friends had the traditional breakfast with the thick bacon....mmmmmmm. Sourdough bread was great. The place with packed with locals and Oyster Run bikers by the time we left at 10 am. Will definitely stop in next year!

1  Thank Frenchmanscove

Been to Edison Cafe? Share your experiences!