“Do not miss this cafe along Washington's "Monterey Coast".”
Review of Rhody Cafe

Rhody Cafe
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Bow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rhody Café specializes in Northwest seasonal cooking.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Eclectic cafe at the southern end of Chuckanut Drive (take the drive which parallels I-5 if you have time - the views are spectacular!). The Rhody, as locals call it, is well-known for superb dinner meals and wines. We stopped for lunch this trip. The Rhody is in a converted house with about 50-75 seats. Lunch is anything from small dinner selections to standard sandwich fair. Sandwiches are served on wonderful breads.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have driven by this restaurant quite a few times, sometimes that place was packed other times not. Found out that they are only open 4 days a week. We happened to show up one of those days after the lunch rush and had no idea what type of restaurant it would be until we sat down and looked at the menu. Their menu changes every month, we happened to come in August and it was NW faire. My oh my, I tried their NW Mushroom with quinoa and it was TOO DIE FOR! Even though my stomach and head was telling me to stop, the palette could not get enough of the flavors infused in this delightful concoction! Mind you, their whole plan for the restaurant is locally sourced organic foods which is fantastic! My husband had a sockeye salmon sandwich which he thought was phenomenal, but his fork made it to my plate often!
Don't let the outside of the restaurant throw you for a mom and pops restaurant. Be sure to stop and try their food, you won't go away disappointed. We will be going AT LEAST once a month to try their various regions around the world!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

So said my husband today after consuming an excellent lunch. The Rhody (as it's known locally) is open March--November and has a different cuisine featured each month. In July they serve island food (Caribbean, Hawaiian, Cuban, etc.) and we had the Cuban sandwich. We preceded the entree with a Chuckanut cheese plate (3 local cheeses plus a mango chutney with apple slices) and it was all yummy. I had locally made ice cream for dessert (vanilla and salted caramel). I admit I didn't especially care for the salted caramel ice cream; thought it tasted like molasses, but other than that, I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

There are not many places that have quality and consistency and wonderful food and service.
The Rhododendron Cafe has all of these things with locally sourced foods, great coffee, and service that is unhurried and customer focussed. Dropped in on my way from Seattle Airport with a California film producer who was completely dazzled by the marvellous food in gentle unpretentious surroundings. Outstanding salads, and a Malaysian Laksa that was superb.
Find a reason to go to Bow, and rush for one of the finest meals you can get in the Northwest Pacific.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We decided to take our Berner (Bernese Mt. Dog) for a walk by Padilla Bay. We drove down the scenic Chuckanut drive (in Washington) stopped in to have breakfast/brunch at the locally famous Rhododendron Cafe. The service was spot on and the food was a delight in every bite. The cost was very reasonable and everything else was great!!!! Serendipity!

Recommend it for anyone! This is truly a treasure of the Pacific Northwest.

PS It does not look like much from the outside, but well worth the stop.

Been to Rhody Cafe? Share your experiences!