“Company Party”
Review of Russell's

Russell's
Reserve with OpenTable
Russell's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 188 Restaurants in Bothell
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 39th Ave SE
Description: Russell's Dining and Bar is located in the Restored Historic 1927 Monte Villa Farms Barn, just minutes away from the Woodinville Wineries. The restaurant is on the ground floor and there is over 4,000 square feet of event space in the second floor cathedral ceiling loft. Russell's is open for dinner Tuesday through Sunday. Kitchen hours are Tuesday through Saturday 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Russell's is open for cafe style lunch Monday through Friday 8:30a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Chef/Owner Russell Lowell also provides both on premise and off premise catering. Russell also offers cooking classes that have been very popular for both private parties and corporate events, call the restaurant to book one for yourself.
everett
“Company Party”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Taylor Aerospace had our holiday party at this facility on December 6th 2008, and it was unbelievable, The party was arranged for 150 people and the menu was Chilean Sea Bass or a Chicken breast with garlic mashed potatos and green beans. I had the Sea Bass and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. My wife had the Chicken, and I tasted that as well. It was almost as good as the Sea Bass. If you are looking for a place to eat in the Seattle area, do yourself a favor and give this place a try.
I am planning to take my wife back on our next date night. Then I will try the Fillet. I'll let you know how that is.

Bothell
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

“Russell’s” in Bothell, has the makings of a very nice establishment, but at this stage, I think you could say they are most assuredly a work in progress.

Recently, we had our Bothell High School reunion in the Loft at “Russell’s” (located in the barn just off the Beardslee exit in Bothell.) While visiting the guests was incredibly fun, the bill left us a bit surprised.

We had a small crowd of 60. Our goal was to keep it simple and elegant, while trying to keep the price affordable for our guests. We had decided to offset some of the costs.
• We brought our own table linens, napkins, and buffet skirting,
• We brought and placed our own table decorations and candles
• Provided CD music
• We even brought our own happy hour snacks.
The ticket price still ended up being $93.00 per person. The food provided for dinner was good but not nearly that good. FYI - Russell’s said they could accommodate up to 300 guests. If there had been 150 people we would have been cozy and left no extra room even for a small band. When we arrived to set-up, we were seeking direction for our slide show presentation and locating a couple of bowls for our cocktail hour snacks. Right away we noticed the head waitress had a bit of an attitude. In addition they were ill equipped to help us with any sort of space planning.

All in all I think “Russell’s” is trying hard to be something they are not. That would be more tolerable if they were just a bit more humble about their shortcomings or maybe if they charged more appropriately considering they are still, in our opinion, a work in progress. Next time, I would seek out another option, not because the venue itself wasn’t nice, but in this case it just wasn’t worth the price for admission.

BHS Class of 1978 Reunion Committee

1 Thank BothellCougs
Clearview Wa
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 15, 2008

My wife and I found this place while staying in a local hotel while our floors were being refinished.

It has fast become one of our favorite places to take local friends and out of town guest.

The food is excellent, the prices are very reasonable, and the staff is friendly and attentive.

I would highly recommend Russell's for a causal night out, a family or business dinner.

One of my favorite things about Russell's is the fact that they have a varied menu, quality food and service, and that I don't have to drive to Bellevue or Seattle for a nice evening out.

Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great hidden jewel in Bothell”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

What a surprise! My wife looked online for a new place to eat in the Bothell/Mill Creek area and found Russell's. We had never heard of it before and were unfamiliar with the address but decided to give it a try after reading some great reviews.
Turns out it's really easy to find with or without GPS. The restaurant building sits on the site of an old dairy farm and the building itself once housed the cows downstairs and the hay upstairs. Don't be surprised when you drive up because it still looks like a big white dairy barn. The interior is very pleasant with lots of room so you don't feel like you're dining with your neighbors. The service was very attentive and our waitress knew the menu and wine list well. The menu wasn't extensive but covered all the basics with some inventive twists. I'm an extremely picky eater, usually opting for a steak, but even I had plenty of choices. I ended up ordering the rosemary chicken and my wife had the halibut. As we were thoroughly enjoying our meal the general manager stopped by the table and we learned some of the history. After our meal he even gave us a personal tour of the recently renovated hay loft turned banquet facility. They have really done a spectacular job of restoration. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening top to bottom. We're definitely going back!

1 Thank jasinclan
Bothell,
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

I tried Russell's with some friends of mine. Being a vegetarian, I was a little skeptical of trying the new place. Though their menu is not complicated and had only one vegetarian choice, I LOVED the food. I took my meat eating Husband there shortly after – he was impressed and highly satisfied with his meal. I’m anxious for the next trip to Russell’s!

1 Thank DGAlley