“Best Thai North of Chantanee”

Pen Thai Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 193 Restaurants in Bothell
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2012

And this is no surprise as Chantanee is their sister restaurant. Prepare your tastebuds for some serious eating. The portions are substantial and, as with all Thai restaurants, family style is the way to go. Pad Thai is a must and I would add the heavenly beef; this should serve four. If you would like leftovers or you have a starving set of offensive linemen with you then you could add appetizers or another couple of entrees.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very friendly staff, attractive dining room, tasty food, extensive & authentic menu

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Try the heavenly beef - it's my very favorite, although I must say I haven't found anything I don't like here.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I visited Pen Thai this weekend, it has been one of my go to places for good Thai food for the last year, but unfortunately the quality seems to have decreased in the last few months. The hostess was not very friendly, the servers were courteous and on top of refils and delivery of food. We had a table of 9 people with reservations and still had to wait for a table.

I agree with a previous comment that it seems the noise level is abover average in the restaurant (at all levels of seating capacity). They also apparently were having problems with their credit card processing that night and, 3 days later I have still not seen a transaction come through- which means they have either lost the carbon or are still hanging onto the copy (which makes any consumer nervous about the safety of their information.) And, instead of courteously explaining that their system was down, and askin if I was alright with the carbon being taken, they took it and asked for my phone number without explaining why they needed it.

I wish I could say that all of the food was as good as it has been in the past, but unfortunately it was mediocre at best, $15 for a single serving entree with two shrimp in it is a bit pricey, especially when the shrimp are tough and over cooked. I had the Chef's special red curry with prawns, one of my favorite dishes there, and would not order it again.

I am sorry to say that I'll be taking my business elsewhere after this experience.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had the spinach wraps appetizer - so fresh, tasty and unique. For diiner I had the steamed seafood basket/nest, spicy, satisfying, complex and yummy. The server was very nice and attentive.