“One Day this place could be really neat”
Review of Country Village

Country Village
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Bothell
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Over 40 unique, locally owned shops, studios, services and restaurants set in a whimsical world of trains, duckponds, gifts, antiques, toys and more! Stroll down brick pathways, relax at our day spa, and find the perfect gift to take home with you. Its not just shopping, its an experience!
Duvall, Washington
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One Day this place could be really neat”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I've visited this place off and on for about 20 yrs and it has ebbed and flowed. I don't know if it has changed ownership multiple times or if they just haven't worked on their retail mix but every time I go, I never know until I get there if it will be worthwhile. They have an OK antique "mall" shop, a very nice quilting shop, and a few nice little shops with home decor and gifts. The setting is quaint, & as its name suggests, is set up like a village with stores in individual buildings, which is so much nicer than visiting a cookie-cutter styled mall. The property has a duck pond with ducks and chickens wandering around, which is nice if you have kids. The stores change and they've had some real duds but usually there are a few gems in there that make the trip there worthwhile. It could be so much more, though!

2 Thank Desdemona99

Mill Creek, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you like antiques”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

You'll love Country Village. All in one unique place...you can buy an old spittoon, get an ice cream cone, buy some good fresh coffee, and get a flower arrangement made for your dining room. Nothing like the usual mall and everything like the place you need relax, hang out and do a little shopping.

Poulsbo, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Fun day trip...”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We heard about the Country Village while looking at the visitor's website for Bothell. It sounded like it would be fun and kid friendly, so we hopped the ferry from Kingston to Edmonds. It was about a 20 minute drive from the Edmonds ferry to the country village.

There is plenty of parking. This is basically a shopping area with locally owned shops/boutiques and restaurants. It does, indeed, look like it could be a "country village". Their is a lake that houses many ducks. There were some great little stores, ranging from home decor, candles, antiques, scrapbooking, books, art, toys, pets. The only negative was the stores were very small and kind of cramped, so it was almost impossible to maneuver our stroller through them. My husband and I took turns going into some of the more interesting stores.

There are plenty of restaurant options. We chose to eat at the Village Bean, which was just okay. For two panini and a children's quesadilla we paid $35, which is ridiculously expensive. The restaurant itself was very kid friendly with several toys for kiddos to play with.

There is a train (more like a lawn mower) that takes you around the perimeter of the village. The girls thoroughly enjoyed this. We saw bunnies running through a nearby field, but other than that, the perimeter had a lot of junk around it. It was very bumpy, which was nerve racking for my hubby and I, but the girls loved it.

I'm glad we experienced it. We probably won't return again, because it is so far from our house, and it wasn't really mind blowing. If you live nearby I think it is worth stopping in to browse the stores.

Note: Most vendors, including the train, accept cash only.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Gustasra

Been to Country Village? Share your experiences!