Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Olympia, Washington
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had reserved a queen bed in a smoking room. When I got there the room that I had reserved was not available. The staff were friendly but was trying to upgrade my room AND charge me a higher rate than what I reserved it for. Eventually they put me in a double smoking room at the price I had originally reserved my original room at. Then when I got into the room there were no ash trays and it had no indication that it was a smoking room, so I had to go back downstairs to double check that it was smoking and to get ash trays. I had checked in after 11pm so it was the over night staff and they were extremely helpful and friendly. That was the only plus of the evening. After getting settled in my room I was horrified to find trash and uneaten food behind the desk beside the bed. These things were in plain sight and easily seen. So I picked up the trash and looked around and found the most of the room was in that condition. There was old trash all over the room, in the drawers, and the cabinets all had some sort of crust and general grossness in them. I was not expecting to be in a room that seemed only partially clean. I was also disgusted with how many stains where on the blankets and sheets. I felt really uncomfortable sleeping in the bed, but by this time it was already after midnight and I had an important meeting to get to early in the morning so I just dealt with it. I can happily say that I will not be returning to any extended stays if I can help it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was disheartened to read that the room had some cleanliness issues . Please accept our apologies. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will review our room inspection procedures to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at scp@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pullman, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

basically i can't say anything was good in this place. dark not so clean rooms.not a real breakfast( it was more like a joke).not much of a neighborhood.It is basically behind a couple of fast-food restaurants facing the drive-through.

It is the kind of hotel that you wanna get out as early as you can and get back as late as possible.because there is nothing to do or nothing that you wanna do in there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to enhance our cleaning services and inspection procedures so cleanliness is not an issue moving forward. As well, as we continue to make improvements to our breakfast offerings, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you again for your comments. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at scp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Lehi, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

turning the lights on in the room,showed the head boards has dried white stuff running down them. The next morning ,as we are in the bath room , water starts to drip through the fan vent and all over the floor. I go to call the front desk , and the phone is dead. Went to front desk to report what was wrong. came back that night not a thing was repaired.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

You get lot for the price you pay. Excellent location, close to everything. The manager Merilee at the front desk is an angel, she will go extra mile just to make you feel comfortable. Overall very pleasant experience, even exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had everything one needs away from home. Location was easily accessible. Many grocery stores and restaurants conveniently located, many within walking distance. We plan to stay here again in a few days for an extended time.

• Stayed October 2013
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

At first glace, this hotel was very nice. We booked a room either 2 queen beds and a pull out couch and a kitchenette. When we went to goto bed the pull out couch did not have any sheets, nor were there any in the room. We had to call and then go to the desk to get some. Then the sheets on the queen beds were FULL of tiny black hairs. The girls at the front desk did not seem concerned when we brought this their attention.

We were booked for 4 adults and 1 child, and were only given 2 towels.

Also, the breakfast is misleading. Bring your own milk for coffee and tea, and only expect an apple or granola bar - no juice, yogurt, cereal...

We will not stay in an Extended Stay America again, nor recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There is no good room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judyab
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hopefully you will get lucky and have Merilee as your front desk help when you need anything. She's great. The rooms are just not kept very clean. Even after being cleaned. You could tell my floor wasn't vacuumed. Behind the tables when you need a plug I was frightened there were live creatures back there it was so dirty. My room didn't even have a sign with the room number on it. It had a funky odor to it as well. The bed was comfortable, but the blanket was old and beat up. There was a nice, functioning iron to use, but the ironing board was dirty. There were no hangers in my room.

Had a very nice location near to what I needed. Just would have been happier if the rooms were cleaner as I had to try two of them while I was there.

Room Tip: See if you can get one away from the exit door as it's very loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business