“Avoid at all costs!”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Kenmore, Washington
“Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Even before entering the building we could see that the place was not well cared for. It felt very " lived in" and uncomfortable. The receptionist was very unprofessional and asked us to many personal questions. We decided to give the room a try and felt uneasy about the space. It smelled like strong cleaning supplies and the windows were dirty. We were unable to stay the night because it was to strange. To top it off we were unable to receive a refund because it was after 6:00pm and the room was reserved with Expedia. Expedia was very friendly on the phone but was unable to convince the hotel to refund our money. Stay Away!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Cynthia - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that the cleanliness and overall condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. I do hope that you will contact me directly, at dkarsky@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed only for 2 nights, having visited a friend in Bothell. We had an apartment with hot stove and some cooking facilities which we did not used. We are impressed with the cleanliness of the motel. Although not far from the road it was not noisy at all. Probably not too many eating places in the area but if you have a car, it would be fine. We got a very good rate from hotwire, only after the booking we found out that we got this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This chain of hotels not only lacks customer service all the way around, but they clearly forget that "extended stay" is in their brand name & make those, especially families, whom may be transitioning to a new area less than comfortable, while their amenities prove to be useful for such transition; their staff & management seem to be completely clueless as to what it means to offer hospitality! If you can avoid this place, go elsewhere... I will do all I can go can the word out to everyone, no one should have to go through what I have during an already stressful time with moving, to have this horrible of a hotel experience - hands down THE WORST hotel you could choose to stay!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank dlw413
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Our house is being redone so we needed a hotel close to our daughters school. Apprehensive at first I mean what kind of fun stuff can a 7 yr old do at a hotel? But oh my gosh! First of all when it snowed and I couldn't get her to school the shuttle driver was happy to take her and 2 days before Christmas when I still needed stocking stuffers again the shuttle driver dropped me off and picked me up when I was done! Then at midnight on Christmas eve when I finally got her asleep and had a ton of wrapping still to do I went down to the lobby and Rebecca the girl working nites started coffee for me!!!

There's so much more I can't fit into this post so please if your looking for a family friendly hotel please please read my other reviews of extended stay America deluxe canyon park!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is so rewarding to read about the different ways our staff made your stay better, including offering extra shuttle service and brewing you coffee late at night. Thank you for sharing, and I will be sure to share with our entire team. We hope your house is even better than before!

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have lived here for almost a year. I moved here for a great job. The general staff is great and very good at hospitality. Karen, Melissa and Cheryl are the best. They make you feel welcome and if you need anything; they get is for you. The new "general manager" David is a jerk and does not know his job or does he have a nice personality. He can't even figure out a weekly rate with a calculator. I just don't deal with him. The new people; James and Sean are great. I just work with the good people here and love how nice it is here and safe I feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Holly P
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Holly - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff's friendly service, especially from Karen, Melissa, Cheryl, James and Sean. I apologize if this same service was not extended by everyone, but please know, we are working to ensure this does not continue. Still, it is great to read that your year long stay was so wonderful. We hope you have found the perfect house!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The bathroom was not clean. Mold around shower and faucet. The bed was too hard for me. As a corporate traveler I was not able to receive my rewards points. I would not stay here again. The location was nice and close to restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Aztravelingmom
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the condition of the bathroom in your room was not up to our standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed this cleanliness issue with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at sbt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The whole staff I dealt with was very helpful, friendly, and cheerful. The room was comfortable and clean, great for the money. I have friends who live about 8 miles away in Lynnwood and this location was very convenient for everything I wanted to do, I definitely recommend it if you are looking for great value on the north side of the Seattle area.

Room Tip: No restaurant on site, but there is a McDonald's and a Canyons restaurant next door and very con...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Bothell hotels
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Holiday Inn Express Bothell-Canyon Park (I-405)

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park? Share your experiences!