Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My mother booked my hotel through Priceline, obtaining a great deal as far as price. When i checked in and arrived in my room, I was pleased: ample amount of space, neat and tidy. I settled in and decided to take a shower the night of my arrival. I had issues with the bathtub, which was leaking when I was taking a shower. I called the front desk and addressed the matter immediately. The staff informed me that she has no maintenance available as it was late at night and will be attended to first thing in the morning. Understandable. What wasn't understandable was it took them three days to see what was wrong with my tub, and this is because I bumped into a maintenance crew. He advised me that they paid a visit and inspected my bathtub and assured me there was nothing wrong. We moseyed back to my room and I tried showing him myself the problem. Five minutes passed, no leak. I told him you have to wait a little longer and it will leak - trust me. He dismissed me and exited my room. A few more minutes passed, and voila - a leak. I looked for the maintenance crew, whom was no where to be found so I proceeded to the front desk. Same spiel. A few more minutes passed and a supervisor came along with the maintenance crew. And what do they find? A LEAK. Why will I bother and go through all these hassle to lie?

The supervisor was nice. He offered me another room. I informed him that I'm in the process of moving so I have all my things in the room. Blank stare. He could've offered to help me move into another room. No other compensation other than "We're sorry," was given through my five days of stay here.

PS. there was no trash can in the bathroom.

Closet space is enough. There was a slot for an iron but missing an iron and the iron board. I have no use for a TV but when I did use it, the remote wasn't working. Phoned the front desk. A staff member paid a visit with an extra (working) remote.

Kitchen did not include a dishwasher, there's just an empty space under the sink. As one of the reviews stated, the kitchen was understocked. I had one fork and a knife - no spoon. I've stayed at time shares and I was under the assumption that this 'extended stay' will offer the same kitchen amenities - sadly I was proven wrong.

Staff-wise: All seem nice and dandy, friendly, approachable, and helpful...except for their Lead. She doesn't focus on you as she was busy doing other things while trying to address you. When she did address me, it's mere "Sorry, I can't do anything." She talked as if she didn't want to talk to me.

Location-wise: Quiet, almost secluded area but with easy access to the freeway. However, the place is swarmed with construction renovating the place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mariii_joy

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Extended Saty America Canyon Park
Stayed 23 – 26 August
Given the price we paid I, I do not think this hotel is good value for money
We were three in a double/queen bed with a sofa bed. The room is rather small and with the sofa bed open, it is quite crowded.
There are maintenance issues with broken drain mechanisms in both the bathroom sink and the bathtub. The hotel did not have an extra drain stopper for the tub so they allowed me to have my bathtub in a different room on two occasions – that is a nice touch, though it cost me about 1 ½ hours of my time on the first night. Water was a good temperature. The aerator on the bathroom sink made it impossible to fill the sink to wash … when the drain worked.
Check in was fine and the staff at the desk are pleasant and go out of their way to try to address the many problems people seem to have. My beef about the check-in was that I was very clear to ask since the room we reserved for 3 people would the bedding for the sofa bed and extra towels be in the room. I was assured the room would (I asked this question because other TripAdvisor submissions mentioned it wasn’t done even when they inquired). Neither bedding nor extra towels were in the room, so back to the front desk to get the towels and sheets.
The room is reasonable with the following notations: Kitchen is woefully under stocked, however they did provide good quality pot and frying pan. There were 1 large and 2 small spoons, 3 forks, 4 knives, 1 serrated cutting knife, 3 large spoons (for cooking) and 1 spatula. There were 4 plates, 3 mugs, 2 plastic glasses (no wine glasses), 3 pasta bowls, 1 glass mixing bowl – small. We asked for and received a wine glass and a water glass with a stem to drink our wine from.
The kitchen offered a fridge with ice maker (a bit slow but fine once it got going), microwave, stove and oven.
There was a desk and task chair. Desk could be used as a table.
The sofa bed was a bit grim – the mattress had been covered in a thick plastic which had been ripped away and was in tatters. It would have been so uncomfortable to see on a plastic covered mattress, but the tattered plastic looked awful too.
There were lamps on both sides of the bed but on one side there was no bedside table so I had to get up to put my glasses by the tv. There was also an icky piece of bright pink chewing gum on the floor under the lamp (and in plain sight).
Breakfast was pretty sad. We checked it out but didn’t eat it. There were apples, oranges, oatmeal packages, plastic wrapped small muffins and granola bars. There was also coffee and tea. Certainly the least impressive breakfast I have ever seen supplied.
There are lots of other hotels out there so I won’t be heading back to this one.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just returned from a one night stay at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park as part of our anniversary.I used hotwire, a while I did not expect a four star hotel for the deal we got, and while for the most part the hotel was clean and the staff member was courteous and helpful; the maintenance of the rooms we stayed at was substandard.
Wechecked in our 1st room and went to a comedy show with a DVD, but found the DVD player just placed in a dresser drawer and not attached, The desk staff, Britta, was apologetic, but had no maintenance people available. I was willing to deal with it and my wife and I prepared for bed and found that not only did the deadbolt not work, but the bathtub had no drainplug instead. Britta the desk staff offered us to change rooms to I believe 116, which while it had a working DVD player, was also missing a bathtub drainplug. We finally moved to room 120, which had both a DVD player and drainplug in its bathtub and noticed it also had an iron, ironing board, and dishwasher. We had a pleasant evening in the third room to discover that that the dishwasher not only did not work, but was filled with dirty dishes.
While this is only the 2nd time I have used hotwire, I do plan to travel more in the next year and am reluctant to use a website which uses such substandard hotels.

Room Tip: Check room before accepting
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

hotel is clean and good, room is cozy..service from staff not consistently good. we had to wait for some hours for all of us to be able to check in just because we were there ahead of check in time not even considering we were 5 long-staying guests and no storage room for baggage while we wait...hotel also only do once-a-week full room service and do not do dish cleaning..extra pay for extra housekeeping...well..there were 1 or two staffs who were pretty good and our shuttle driver John. Hotel is in good location though.

Room Tip: rooms with windows facing the pool or near the back door exits are great..ground/first floor rooms a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank deeyen
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel with kitchenette in room. However they were poorly prepared for a busy weekend...not enough towels, sheets, pillows, blankets, toiletries, utensils, plates or bowls for our party. There is a nice pool (not heated).
I felt bad for the staff as they were left in a bad situation. It could have been prevented by better staffing and planning by management.

Room Tip: Call ahead to ensure that there will be enough supplies for your party in your room.
1  Thank YolandaB66
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A wonderful staff is why we stayed at this hotel....especially Allison and Jane:}:}We stayed a Saturday and Sunday night. The 1st night and room was very frustrating. It seemed like everything I needed was not in the room so I made several trips to front desk for washclothes, dishes, a blanket, utensils, glasses.. I really just wanted to relax in our room, not have to go back and forth!! My husband was ready to leave to another hotel. However, Allison offered us a different and upgraded room for the same price, if we could just wait until the morning. She made sure that everything that was supposed to be in the room would be there when we arrived. She took the extra time to write a letter to make all this happen. Jane went the extra mile to make sure the room was clean and fully stocked as the first one should have been. Because of these two ladies and Rochelle the housekeeper, we will definitely stay here again and the beds are super comfortable!!!

Room Tip: Just make sure they are stocked the way they are advertised!
2  Thank LindaMcWhotrter
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in July of 2013. At check in, the front desk person was unclear about which room was ready for me and had to call the owner, and I was (unbeknownst to me) given a smoking room when I had reserved a non-smoking room. The room was 60 degrees when I walked in, because the air conditioner had been going full-blast for who knows how many hours. I reserved the room because I have food allergies and need to be able to prepare my own meals when I travel, but the dishes hadn't been cleaned, the countertops and cabinets were dirty, and the microwave still had Top Ramen all over the inside. I know what was in the microwave because the garbage was full to the brim with Top Ramen wrappers and other assorted grossness, and there were little pieces of ramen on the floor. Of course, I happen to be allergic to ramen. I cleaned the kitchen myself - not what I wanted to be doing after spending 8 hours in a car getting there - but called housekeeping to sort out the garbage and floor. The housekeeper (who was apparently also the hotel manager) proceeded to whine to me about how overworked she is and how she'd been called in to work on her day off, and on and on, like that was some reason why I should be okay with sleeping in a dirty room. Luckily for me, the sheets and towels appeared to be clean, although there was still toothpaste splatters and handprints on the mirrors in the bathroom. I let this bit of yucky slide, since I didn't have to actually come in contact with said mirrors, and crossed my fingers that the toilet and shower had been cleaned. At checkout, I explained all of this to the front desk person when she asked how my stay had been, and she said that because I had booked with Expedia, they couldn't give me a refund, but that she would have someone call me and maybe I could be given a voucher or something. Needless to say, I've heard nothing since then. I feel so bad for the employees of this hell-hole, because clearly the property is being mismanaged.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business