“Nice Spot & Friendly Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This past summer we had the pleasure of staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Bothell, WA. To be honest, we picked this hotel because we were using Goldpoints. However, the staff was incredibly helpful. We arrived after driving half way across country and check-in. When we went to our room, it was a pet friendly room. It was perfect for people with pets, but for us who don't, it had a slight smell. When I mentioned that at the front desk, they upgraded us to a king suite which was incredible. That same night I asked the employees about what to do the next day and the advice was perfect based on the weather and all.
The other highlight we liked is the location. It was about 20 minutes north of downtown Seattle so we got away from the hustle and bustle of downtown after touring all day. It had easy access to the ferries, the Boeing tour, whale watching, northern mountains.
The lobby was amazing with a bar and food. The free breakfasts beat a lot of the higher end hotels morning offerings. There were plenty of hot and cold options and excellent Seattle's Best coffee.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at Country Inn & Suites in Bothell, it was really just a stop in the road on our way home from a road trip. We booked the room through Hotwire and got an amazing deal. The first thing that struck us about the hotel was the lobby area. It has a fireplace in a lounge area near the reception desk, with comfy chairs and couches. Nearby is a cocktail lounge area - I think that was closed because we arrived fairly late in the evening. It's all very spacious and tastefully decorated. There is a shelf full of books next to the reception desk - you can borrow a book and either return it later during your stay OR keep it and return it at a later date to any Country Inn & Suites hotels in the U.S. As a book lover I found that very impressive, although I did not need any books so did not use the service. The girl at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful, she recommended a great Thai restaurant nearby.

Our room was very spacious and faced the courtyard with the outdoor pool. The pool is well maintained, by the looks of it, but being October we didn't swim. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet.

One really nice perk is the free coffee and cookies they provide in the lobby in the evenings. The breakfast has been mentioned by other reviewers, and they're not lying - that was exceptional for a free breakfast! A huge variety of choices and all very tasty. My husband and I felt like criminals, we kept looking around wondering if we were going to be charged for breakfast.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I visited friend in Seattle and booked this hotel thru Hotwire. It turned to be a smart choice. The hotel is a bit far from the sightseeing spots around Seattle-Bellevue area, but it is next to highway 405. If you have a car, it is not a problem. There is Shell gas station w/ convenience store right next to the hotel. You can buy beer from there. There is a strip mall in the same place. The room was very spacious, clean and quiet. Staff at front desk was very friendly. Breakfast was great with various choices. Very convenient for travelers. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and would like to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank tweliying
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night while attending a wedding at a winery close by. The woman at the front desk and the man that drove our shuttle van to the wedding were delightful. They arranged the shuttle departure with us and gave us ideas on what to do that afternoon in small town Bothel. The room was pretty large. We each had a television to watch what we wanted. There was a pool in the courtyard which we did not use since it was chilly, but it looked pretty nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

There is no need to keep looking, this hotel and staff are great! Our company will return to this hotel as many times as opportunity allows. Best management arround, made me want to log in and share with everyone else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Loved this hotel. The lobby area looks like it is for a much more expensive hotel. Rooms were roomy, and clean. Staff was very helpful. We had a mishap with our reservation at another hotel and we had been driving around the unfamiliar Seattle area looking for a hotel. Everything seemed booked up. We happened upon Country Inn and Suites in Bothell around 10 pm. The lady on duty was do helpful and nice. The free breakfast is a full hot and cold spread, the best I've seen.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I really needed to get business done ... using their "high speed internet" in the room I'd rented. Instead, I went through a completely frustrating dialog with tech help ... several states away ... which told me "they didn't understand why it wasn't working.' Had to impose on a colleague and worked until 11 pm on job ... it was embarrassing. Oh yeah ... could connect wireless with his router and at Starbucks. Went back to hotel, had some SLOW internet ... thought problem was solved. No connection in the a.m. ... out doing business and then back at 9 or so ... no connection, same song and dance. Also, the hotel refused to honor a "get one day free" special they ran this Christmas. Unbelievable. Have reported them to the BBB.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank crescentdave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothell
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell? Share your experiences!