“Excellent hotel for business meetings - great value!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Gaithersburg, MD
“Excellent hotel for business meetings - great value!”
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Stayed and met with 10 business colleagues. Super-friendly & helpful staff, nice rooms, good meeting room and nice restaurant facility. This place is a great value. The biggest negative is that it is not close to any major attractions - nothing is in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Zurich
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I'm in my room trying to fall asleep at 11pm and someone seems to be breaking in--and being successful at it as well! That's because they have a key, the front desk has given them my room. Then the desk calls back to tell me the room is "clean and vacant", who am I? Incredible. I stay in hotels over a month a year and NEVER had something like this happen!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for 8 nights in April, and were quite pleased. When I was in the area on business last fall I stayed at the nearby SpringHill Suites (Marriott), and it may be useful to compare the two. LOCATION: Similar--and both are convenient to the freeway or to areas around Bothell. PRICE: It is obvious from other reviews that the price depends very much on when/how you book. I booked the Country Inn directly from their website and got a price I was happy with. I paid less than I did for the SpringHill last year. ROOM: The room at the Country Inn was fine, though nothing special. The free internet worked well. And a major plus was how quiet the room was. We were a bit worried when we first checked in, because there was a very loud sound of running water. It turned out to be the shower next door (I assume), and with our bathroom door closed it wasn't a problem. Other than that, however, the room was very, very quiet. (And we only heard the water the first night.) The room I had at the SpringHill Suites was nicer, with more room generally and especially more work space (important for a business trip), but this trip was for pleasure, so that wasn't a big deal. One things to note: If you are a non-smoker make sure you are very clear about wanting a non-smoking room. The corridor containing smoking rooms was itself so full of smoke smell, I can only imagine what the rooms are like. We had a non-smoking room, and there was not a hint of smoke. But what I will remember most is how quiet the room was at the Country Inn. BREAKFAST: Country Inn wins here, hands down. Both variety and quality were greater. SERVICE: Fine at both places, but this is a review of Country Inn & Suites, so I will say that everyone at Country Inn was friendly--particularly the front desk staff. They were all first-rate. SUMMARY: Country Inn & Suites is good value for money, with a very friendly staff and a good daily breakfast. I'd recommend it, and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Clean, Friendly, Cozy... I am very picky about the hotels I stay at. I stayed here with friends and then my partner and I stayed here a 2nd time when we came down to the US to do some shopping. The breakfast offers more then just the continental stuff. You get eggs, waffles, yogurt, etc.

It's about 10-15 mins to alderwood mall (lynnwood) and bellevue.

worth about $120usd ish but you can find it cheaper, i am sure.

i give it 3.5 stars

• Liked — clean and cozy
  • Disliked — weird location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Very clean hotel with friendly staff. The Christmas decoration was great and we felt very cozy there. It also offers excellent breakfast buffet.

We liked it so much that we are going back this month. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere, Breakfast Buffet
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Kelowna
Reviewed September 5, 2008

This is a great hotel to stay in. I won it by bidding on Priceline. The Hotel has a large courtyard in the middle with an outdoor heated pool and hot tub. The lobby is lovely with a nice living room type space to read and play games, next to that is kind of a casual lounge with a bar, only saw one group of people there our entire stay, so it was very quiet. The breakfast area is great, serving hot and cold food. There is coffee and tea available all the time. There is plenty of parking and a Shell gas station right across the driveway with a Quiznos! There is also a Teriyaki place across the driveway. The rooms were large and very clean. The beds were comfortable. The only thing I would have changed about the hotel was the TV. There was no really great channels. No Discovery, Kids or Family channels. To order a movie was quite expensive $12.99. I saw a box for a DVD player in the hallway, so I must not have been the only one thinking that! I would stay here again for sure!

• Liked — Breakfast!
  • Disliked — TV channel choices
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Spokane, WA
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We stayed here 2 nites (free points) in the early fall of 2007. Wonderful place! (This used to be a Wyndham property and is GORGEOUS). Just stayed again 7/31/08 thur 8/4/08 - again, beautiful. We had a king smoking room on the 2nd floor. (mybad!) My son got married that weekend & we needed a quiet room, asked for a refer (which was arriving as we GOT TO OUR ROOM! by the most pleasant guy ever - unfortunately didn't catch his name, but encountered him a number of times, he always said hello, knew us, and saw him all the time, cleaning, attending the pool, etc, ALWAYS with a smile on his face!) - the breakfast is good, YES, now the toast, pastries, etc are where you can see them - for a free breakfast, it's pretty awesome! Pretty much what you'd expect, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs w/cheese, juices, milk, coffee, fresh fruit, hashbrowns (good!), bagels/cream cheese, muffins/pastries, etc., Beds are absolutely super comfy (you do not want to get out of them!), with feather pillows (or so they seemed). Pretty much anything we requested (we're in our 50's and don't require much, but the staff was awesome!) was taken care of immediately. They know where to point you for restaurants, lunch places, etc. The pool is absolutely beautiful AND big for the Seattle area). I laid out reading a book on the day after my son's wedding (Sunday) and only saw maybe 5-7 people - all very quiet, respecting each other. Very very peaceful, and with beautiful blue sky that day!
Even the Friday nite (2nd nite) we stayed, there were young (18-22?) kids out by the pool, very respectful and pretty quiet (amazing!) until 10 pm when the pool closes. They also have a jacuzzi at the end of pool.
I would recommend this place to anybody! BEAUTIFUL lobby, very nice lounge for drinks (we always buy our own beer and take to the room - so didn't partake, I think it closes at 10pm) but really an absolutely gorgeous property and considering it's proximity to the freeway (I-405) only one minute away, it's like it's in it's own little haven of quiet! A quick mart is right across the parking lot from the hotel -1- 2 minute walking distance -(open til 10PM) for all kinds of things, including gas, and there is also a really cool pathway- running track behind the hotel. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYBODY. It's a GEM! And since our kids live in the Seattle area (we live in
Spokane, WA and I travel on busiiness all the time) , we will DEFINATELY stay here again and again! There are some great restaurants up north at the next exit, you can go either right or left -we went right and ended up at a "Canyons" restaurant - can't miss it, right on the main drag after you take the exit, down in a kind of "hole" on the right hand side- (kind of Southwestern- CAUTION- we only wanted a light lunch - we SHARED a Cobb salad and still couldn't eat all of it!)- the portions are HUGE!!!

• Liked — Thie Quiet & close proximity to I-495
  • Disliked — Nothing - it's great!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndiMacSpokane_WA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothell
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell
McMenamins Anderson School Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell? Share your experiences!