“Good Experience”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Fond Du Lac
“Good Experience”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights when we visiting Seattle. We had reserved a 2 double bed room using Carlson points and were upgraded to a suite when we checked in. We arrived about 11:00 am and were allowed to check in early which was very helpful with our plans for the day. The room was very comfortable and clean. Check in and check out process was very efficient. The complementary breakfast was very good with a variety of choices. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am happy to hear we were able to get you checked into the hotel and that this helped with your plans for the day. Thank you for the great feedback in regards to the smooth check in and check out process, and that the room was clean and comfortable. We are pleased to hear that you would stay with us again. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at this property. We took the Washington State Ferry from Victoria, BC, Canada to Anacortes, Washington, then drove south down I5 to Bothell. Easy to find the hotel. Front desk staff were always friendly and helpful, easy check in. Our room was a king suite, it was clean and comfortable. It had a living room with TV, microwave, mini fridge, sofabed, desk and chairs. The king size bed was comfortable, lots of pillows were provided.
Included breakfast was good, a step up from the competition's cold breakfasts. A great way to start your day. We only book for Saturday night, after coming back from downtown Seattle we decided to stay another night. The Country Inn phone staff were helpful, and we were able to book another night in our same room. The pool was outside in a totally enclosed courtyard, and looked nice. The hotel is only 25 minutes away from downtown Seattle, i would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Seattle area! We will be back!

Room Tip: If you need the extra room, get a king suite, it has a pull out sofabed. And doors between the livi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your time at the hotel. What a fun adventure you have been on and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, from the great breakfast, the staff and the comfortable and clean accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Booked the hotel online and thought it was close enough to Seattle without the 'Seattle Price'. We only stayed for one night, but when I arrived, I realized I booked the previous night. My jaw dropped to the floor. Then the lady at the front desk said to not worry, even though they were technically booked up, they would be able to find us something. And, the room they found us, even had a king-sized bed in it! What a huge relief! This place is clean, spacious, free breakfast has ample selection and everyone is very accommodating. They also reversed the charge for the missed booking. These people are great!! I highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. I am very happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and that you felt that the hotel was clean, spacious and comfortable. we look forward to your next visit.
Anchorage Alaska
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this facility for one night on August 7, 2013. We arrived late, near midnight and left early in the morning. The room was a single with a king size bed. It was a standard type room, clean and reasonably comfortable. The breakfast service was buffet with a waffle machine. The food was fine. The hotel was fully booked. I forgot to take my power cube for my MacBook from the room when leaving. I realized this in the morning and called the hotel. They sent an employee to the room, found it and sent it to me by FedEx without even charging me for the service. Even though my stay was short, the service was good, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBothell, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that we provided good service during your stay. Thank you for the nice feedback in regards to the hotel being clean and providing a nice complimentary breakfast. We look forward to a future visit!
Kingwood, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We arrived to the hotel and were greeted by a front desk lady, who had very poor hospitality skills, she did not smile or make eye contact, all through the process she looked at her computer screen. I asked her for a room on the ground level because we had heavy luggage, she responded " it is not possible, we are sold out" without even a sympathetic look. Then I asked if she had a map of the area, she said " go around the corner and you will find a rack with all kind of maps" Yes there was a rack, but no map.
The location of this property is horrendous, right next to a "beautiful!!!!!" gas station, and nothing else in sight.
Once we made our way to the room, we find out how dirty and unkempt the grounds are, then we got in and it was all down hill from there, dirty carpets, filthy elevator, and scuff marks on the walls. Now we got to our room, with a noisy AC and a 1980 TV set. The bed covers looked soiled to the point you don't want to sit on them, but worse than that are the pillows. So we called down only to get worse pillows than the ones already there. They were lumpy and the sheets and pillows smelled stale. In a nutshell we had a MEMORABLE night sleep.
Now the food, they have a buffet, no variety and messy and a lady trying unsuccessfully to keep up with it, the fruits were of the poorest quality, mushy bananas, the waffle maker was not set properly so you got "jelly" like waffles.
At checkout the lady (dark hair) with an accent, asked me the usual question "how was your stay??" and I responded " do you really want to know?" yes please, so I shared with her our experience, and she let me know unapologetically that she will let "them" know. I was confused since I did not know who "them might be. Any way we were glad to be out of that dump.

Room Tip: Don't even waste your money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for giving us your honest feedback in regards to your stay. I am very apologetic and am glad we had the opportunity to discuss things. Thanks again.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice place to stay if you want to get away to a quiet area and 20 minutes from downtown Seattle. Our room unfortunately had a plumbing problem that made the toilet flush very slowly. Even though they worked on it twice during our stay it never worked right. Other than that we loved our stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. I am sorry to hear we were not able to completely remedy the maintenance issue in your room. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Lynden, Washington
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located near a freeway and within about 35 minutes of downtown Seattle, WA. The price was considerably better than I was able to find closer to Seattle. The room was large, the king bed and pillows very comfortable and we did not suffer from highway noise. The room was clean and air conditioner not too loud. Only a standard picture tube type TV in the room, but there was a coffee brewer, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel has reasonably fast free internet access. Vending machine sodas were more reasonably priced than at many hotels. The free breakfast was adequate, but not as extensive as at some similar hotels. We ate at about 8 A.M. and by then the scrambled eggs were barely warm and one of the two coffee pots was empty. There was adequate seating and free newspaper. Checkout was very simple. This was our first stay at a Country Inn & Suites and based on our experience here we will be staying again if in Seattle area and also at some of their other locations.

Room Tip: A ground floor room is more convenient to get luggage to room, etc. One drawback to a ground floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about your stay here with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Country Inns & Suites and we are so happy that you will be returning and visiting some of our other wonderful hotels. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean, convenient and quiet. I appreciate the feedback regarding the breakfast and have shared with my team. We look forward to a future visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothell
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell
McMenamins Anderson School Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell? Share your experiences!