WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Abbotsford, Canada
“Very Accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Booked the hotel online and thought it was close enough to Seattle without the 'Seattle Price'. We only stayed for one night, but when I arrived, I realized I booked the previous night. My jaw dropped to the floor. Then the lady at the front desk said to not worry, even though they were technically booked up, they would be able to find us something. And, the room they found us, even had a king-sized bed in it! What a huge relief! This place is clean, spacious, free breakfast has ample selection and everyone is very accommodating. They also reversed the charge for the missed booking. These people are great!! I highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am very happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and that you felt that the hotel was clean, spacious and comfortable. we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Anchorage Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this facility for one night on August 7, 2013. We arrived late, near midnight and left early in the morning. The room was a single with a king size bed. It was a standard type room, clean and reasonably comfortable. The breakfast service was buffet with a waffle machine. The food was fine. The hotel was fully booked. I forgot to take my power cube for my MacBook from the room when leaving. I realized this in the morning and called the hotel. They sent an employee to the room, found it and sent it to me by FedEx without even charging me for the service. Even though my stay was short, the service was good, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBothell, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that we provided good service during your stay. Thank you for the nice feedback in regards to the hotel being clean and providing a nice complimentary breakfast. We look forward to a future visit!
Kingwood, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We arrived to the hotel and were greeted by a front desk lady, who had very poor hospitality skills, she did not smile or make eye contact, all through the process she looked at her computer screen. I asked her for a room on the ground level because we had heavy luggage, she responded " it is not possible, we are sold out" without even a sympathetic look. Then I asked if she had a map of the area, she said " go around the corner and you will find a rack with all kind of maps" Yes there was a rack, but no map.
The location of this property is horrendous, right next to a "beautiful!!!!!" gas station, and nothing else in sight.
Once we made our way to the room, we find out how dirty and unkempt the grounds are, then we got in and it was all down hill from there, dirty carpets, filthy elevator, and scuff marks on the walls. Now we got to our room, with a noisy AC and a 1980 TV set. The bed covers looked soiled to the point you don't want to sit on them, but worse than that are the pillows. So we called down only to get worse pillows than the ones already there. They were lumpy and the sheets and pillows smelled stale. In a nutshell we had a MEMORABLE night sleep.
Now the food, they have a buffet, no variety and messy and a lady trying unsuccessfully to keep up with it, the fruits were of the poorest quality, mushy bananas, the waffle maker was not set properly so you got "jelly" like waffles.
At checkout the lady (dark hair) with an accent, asked me the usual question "how was your stay??" and I responded " do you really want to know?" yes please, so I shared with her our experience, and she let me know unapologetically that she will let "them" know. I was confused since I did not know who "them might be. Any way we were glad to be out of that dump.

Room Tip: Don't even waste your money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for giving us your honest feedback in regards to your stay. I am very apologetic and am glad we had the opportunity to discuss things. Thanks again.
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice place to stay if you want to get away to a quiet area and 20 minutes from downtown Seattle. Our room unfortunately had a plumbing problem that made the toilet flush very slowly. Even though they worked on it twice during our stay it never worked right. Other than that we loved our stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. I am sorry to hear we were not able to completely remedy the maintenance issue in your room. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Lynden, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located near a freeway and within about 35 minutes of downtown Seattle, WA. The price was considerably better than I was able to find closer to Seattle. The room was large, the king bed and pillows very comfortable and we did not suffer from highway noise. The room was clean and air conditioner not too loud. Only a standard picture tube type TV in the room, but there was a coffee brewer, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel has reasonably fast free internet access. Vending machine sodas were more reasonably priced than at many hotels. The free breakfast was adequate, but not as extensive as at some similar hotels. We ate at about 8 A.M. and by then the scrambled eggs were barely warm and one of the two coffee pots was empty. There was adequate seating and free newspaper. Checkout was very simple. This was our first stay at a Country Inn & Suites and based on our experience here we will be staying again if in Seattle area and also at some of their other locations.

Room Tip: A ground floor room is more convenient to get luggage to room, etc. One drawback to a ground floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBothell, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about your stay here with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Country Inns & Suites and we are so happy that you will be returning and visiting some of our other wonderful hotels. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean, convenient and quiet. I appreciate the feedback regarding the breakfast and have shared with my team. We look forward to a future visit.
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We found the country to be very comfortable and staff very accommodating. The air conditioner was not working as well as it could have and the desk was very quick to offer maintainence. When that didn't work they were quick to offer another room. Thank you . the room was very clean and the breakfast was more than expected. We enjoyed our stay very much and would choose the country on our return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that your visit to our hotel was a success. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that it exceeded your expectations and that you found our hotel to be clean, and our staff, accommodating. We look forward to your future stay with us.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Yes, there is not much extremely close, but it's a short drive to Woodinville wineries, etc. Good value for the money. The room was clean and comfortable, although the refrigerator wasn't really cold. We were not impressed with the breakfast, however; we went out for breakfast our second morning there. The coffee was horrid. I would stay here again, but plan on eating breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to offer good value for the money paid, and that the location was nice and convenient to Woodinville Wine Country. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast, however please know we do alternate items on a daily basis to provide a nice variety to our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.