“Terrible Experience!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street and 102nd
Transit: Metro stops on Main St. for 312 or 372, Sound Transit 522 are a short walk to Main Place
Description: Tandem Wine & Cheese Bar, located on back side of Main Street in Downtown Bothell, pairs an extensive collection of wines with fresh-made Northwest cuisine. Offering the highest-quality cheeses, breads and salads to luscious and decadent desserts. Including an array of seasonal, rotating nightly dinner specials. The decor and interior are warm and welcoming, filled with charming antiques and collectibles, Tandem provides a perfect ambiance to spend quality time with family and friends. Come gather around our table!
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Things started out fine. Our server who is also the owner appeared welcoming and seemed to have a decent knowledge of Washington wines. We ordered food soon after being sat. Then we waited, and waited. So, we ordered another glass of wine and waited some more. A bottle of wine and another glass later, which times wise, equated to at least an hour and a half in which we still hadn't got our food. So we asked for the check and left, Surely never to return again! The owner who was our orginal server didn't even bring us our check or come over to apologize, she sent someone else. She wouldn't even look at us! I am disgusted at the lack of customer service and professionalism displayed at Tandem. One of my worst dining experiences ever!

1  Thank steph_draper_sea4lif

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fabulous food, friendly service, quaint atmosphere. I had crab cakes. They were loaded with crab, crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. My husband had scallops with a blueberry reduction and risotto. His was very flavorful. We were both very happy with our choices. Great date night! On the expensive side and not kid friendly. Very small place. I would definately make reservations if going on a weekend.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had a disappointing experience at Tandem Wine Bar. The service was rude and slow, the risotto was served cold and to top it off I was charged an extra $1.50 to use my credit card.

Would not recommend this restuarant...

2  Thank heather h
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I came here with several friends and found the atmosphere and decor enjoyable. The staff was very friendly, but the service was very slow. Part of it was our fault, as we were chatting initially, and not looking at the menu. Nevertheless, it took 2 hours before dinner arrived. Our total evening was five hours long, and, in fairness, some of that was because we were having a leisurely evening. But, still..... I had the crab risotto and one friend chose the scallop risotto. Both were good, but not memorable. The cheese platter and the brie hors d' houvres were good and the chocolate ice cream with port was just wicked ! They have a very cute restroom and everyone who used it was commenting on it. Wine by the glass pours were generous. I only heard our waitress say, "Are you still working on that ?", which is my pet peeve, once. One of the guests told us that if you have food to take home, they wrap it in saran wrap using one of their restaurant plates. Then they ask you to please bring it back the next time you come. Clever !

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was the worst experience at a restaurant in many years. Never take a large party to this restaurant (or probably a small party either) - The owner was extremely rude, the food way overpriced (was ok tasting but still was just noodles and sauce) and the service almost non-existent.

We had a recital with a large party that started at 5PM. The food was not served until 5:45PM and the owner yelled at us as if the recital group was to blame for the late food service and running behind. Then throughout the recital the owner kept yelling from downstairs during the children's performances. If I had not seen it I would never have believed a restaurant owner could be so rude.

There are many of good restaurants in the area - don't waste your time on this one.

1  Thank John L