“Excellent example of HGI property. Recommended”

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
West Linn, Oregon
“Excellent example of HGI property. Recommended”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This HGI property is located just off a branch of I-405 and is nestled in the rear of a retail center (offering a variety of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel). Rooms along the "front' of the hotel face the freeway, while rooms in the "back" face a wooded area. I didn't notice any freeway noise (even with the HVAC turned off) but I would opt for a room along the back side of the hotel. There is plenty of free parking in front of and to the sides of the hotel. This four-floor HGI is faced with a brick exterior and the interior/lobby area seems to have a newer, more upscale finish than older HGI locations.

I was greeted warmly by the front desk person and my check-in took less than a minute. The main floor offers all the typical (and appreciated) HGI ameneties including a restaurant, business center, fitness room, guest laundry, and access to a pool. In-room internet access is free.

I immediately noticed how clean and bright the common areas are: this hotel has installed compact florescent lights throughout the hotel (also in the guest rooms). The bright light coupled with the "wing" design of the building made the hallways seem larger, and in the guest rooms the brightness is in sharp contrast to the low-wattage bulbs many hotels still use.

My room was standard HGI - coffee maker, microwave, and mini-fridge. The HVAC system worked well and maintained good air flow while maintaining a comfortable temp. The bathroom, was nicely finished, offered all the usual ameneties, and the shower head produced a good, strong flow.

I've stayed at many of the HGI properties in the Puget Sound area, and I would rate this HGI at the top of the pack. The staff are friendly and helpful. The facility is clean, well-equipped, and offered me a good night's sleep at a reasonable rate. I recommend this Hilton Garden Inn whether you have business in the Everett-Bellevue corridor, or whether you're looking for a place to spend the night while traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room along the back side
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Flying_Lawyer
HiltonGI-Bothell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Flying_Lawyer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a raving review about our hotel -we appreciate it! Hope you see you again soon.

Chip Peterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed April 11, 2011

HGI properties are my hotels of choice when on business trips. We recently flew from the PHL-area into SEA for a week in the Pacific Northwest. Because of a late arrival at SEA, I was unwilling to drive all the way up to Vancouver that night, so we went 45 minutes north to Bothell for the night.

The best way to describe the experience is that this showed my wife why I enjoy staying there, and you need to bear in mind that she is a Platinum-level member of the President's Club at Fairmont! The property was in pristine condition (better be as it appears brand-new!!!!!), the service was prompt and professional, the room was in ideal condition and breakfast was quite enjoyable for a reasonable price. Pretty much everything I expect from an HGI property.

The only downer was more my responsible than anything the hotel did. One of the selling points at HGI is their beds, with their "Garden Sleep System" which allows you to adjust the bed to the softness level you like. Well, as it was a late arrival, I didn't even bother to think about this and promptly went to sleep, only to wake up about three hours later in substantial pain due to the bed being set to "brick-like." I didn't want to fumble around with it in the dark and wake up my family so I left it as is, meaning I suffered with a sore back for the next several days. Bottom line is that if you are at an HGI, make sure you check the bed's settings before turning in. I have made a recommendation to HGI that this suggestion be part of the welcome/checking in process (especially since it highlights one of their selling points! As I said, this problem was entirely my fault since I should have known better, but it COULD have been avoided very easily in a manner that would benefit both me and the hotel in multiple ways! (BTW, my daughter's bed, which WAS set "properly" was excellent for her!).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear WineTraveller,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I’m glad to hear that you found our staff, both prompt and professional, along with having an enjoyable breakfast and ideal room.

I apologize that your bed was on a firm setting and for the back pain you experienced. Karen our Executive Housekeeper has been able to use your comments as a training topic with her staff. You can rest assure that since her training, all beds are set properly.

We hope to see you again soon.

Chip Peterson
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2011

14 Families stayed at this hotel for a boys hockey tournament. ALL the staff was super friendly and eager to help. The reception desk even had maps to the local arenas printed and ready to hand out. The kitchen staff had breakfast ready early when the team had a 7am game. The rooms were spotless! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in and had good quality sheets. We will definatley stay there in the future.

• Stayed February 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We are pretty sure we were the first ones to stay in our room. The hotel is new, and very nicely appointed. The room was good, the bed very comfortable. Most of all, the service was really good. I had ended up adding a night, then adding a room for my sister, and it all could have been very confusing but they figured it out, at the best possible rates.

It is nice to have this additional option in the area. My sister lives nearby and there haven't been that many options in the past. The hotel was convenient to the freeway and we were able to quickly go north for some visits, as well as see my sister. When in the area again, this will be my choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Holiday Inn Express Bothell-Canyon Park (I-405)
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle North Lynnwood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA? Share your experiences!