Preservation Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Preservation Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 193 Restaurants in Bothell
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The 522, 372, and 312 stop at Bothell Way NE and 180th, about 1/2 mile from our location.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our party with a young child dined at Preservation Kitchen for brunch. The grounds were noticeably landscaped. We were immediately greeted by a young man, then seated in an area with a view towards the front of the restaurant. The building appears to be of another era, with creaking floors, yet with a well-preserved updated interior and exterior.

Our server, Tish, was amazing, with just the perfect amount of attentiveness. The brunch was certainly set apart from the usual brunch menu items that are all too common at many other establishments. I found the uniqueness plesing to the palate. The portions are quite generous. So, I recommend going hungry or prepare to box up leftovers.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

On the pricey side but was a great dining experience. I had the Wild Boar which was very tasty. Everyone at the table had a different entree and all were delicious. Our Seattle family took us their for my husband's birthday. Staff and surroundings were great.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've now been to this restaurant three times over the last couple of years. Twice with my husband, most recently just for drinks in the "new" Ale House with friends.

The fist time we came, the service was horrible. To the point we thought they had literally forgot about us and gave us some story about how our first meal was burned so they had to start over? And we got a certificate for a free dinner, so they obviously knew how bad it was too. The second time we figured we had a free meal and one of our favorite waitresses from another restaurant had moved over there, so we thought we'd give it another try. Once again, horrible service (we weren't in our favorite waitresses' section)! Apologetic, but still...sitting and just waiting to order, waiting for your food, waiting for a drink refill, waiting for the check is just painful.

Last month we decided to try the "new" Ale House because we liked it when it was in downtown Bothell. We sat with a friend in the bar and again, the service was awful! This time to the point that we flagged down the hostess to see if she could help us out because the bartender appeared to be avoiding our table. Once again, we got a card for a free appetizer if we wanted to come back because they recognized how bad it was. No thanks, I think three times is not the charm with this place. It's so cute, I was really hoping they could pull their act together.

Honestly, the only reason it doesn't get a "terrible" rating is because the food is pretty good. But not enough to save the poor service :(

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Seattle's best restaurant is located in Bothell.
Upscale, but not snobbish.
Food, service, ambiance are all great.
Try the Sat & Sun brunch

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is an update to our previous “5” star rating (combined with the 2 star), averages 3.5 stars.

This place was our favorite before the change (combination with the Ale house). We have tried it many times since the change. Now it is average, drinks are expensive, food is still pretty good, and service is... well.... something more to be desired. We did write a “5” star rating previously and we still agree that it was a 5 star a year ago. I used to love coming here every Friday, I looked forward to it ALL week. I came here almost every week (at least), I loved the infused drinks and my husband like the good selection of beer. We enjoyed seeing the owner (they are here like every night doing work at the end of the bar), we brought our family here for dinner. We celebrated many occasions here; we came here to celebrate everything and took our daughter to her first breakfast “out” here. Honestly this place was 6 out of 5 starts a year ago. Now, the drinks are expensive (even at happy hour drinks, $7, really? what happened to $5?), food is good but now more mass produced, and service is something to be desired (lucky if they notice you). They added a lot more beer and are now trying to be an “ale house” aka average bar. We stopped coming here mostly because the place lost the “feel”, I am very sad, this place HAD the BEST happy hour pared with AMAZING food and WONDERFUL waitresses. Now… just like everywhere else. We live close by and would do anything if this place went back to where it was a year ago but it won’t, good place don’t last… We understand… $$ is most important. We can only wish.

A & G