“Very Good Entrees and Great Desserts”

Preservation Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Preservation Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 200 Restaurants in Bothell
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The 522, 372, and 312 stop at Bothell Way NE and 180th, about 1/2 mile from our location.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had dinner last week at the Preservation Kitchen with our extended family of 6 people. It was a week night and the restaurant was not busy, so service was great. As other reviewers have noted, this restaurant is housed in an old house. If memory serves me, it was a popular French restaurant many years ago. Between the 6 of us, our entrees were salmon, duck and chicken cordon bleu. All were prepared and presented very well.

The salmon was moist and fresh (this restaurant uses local suppliers) served on a bed of rice and corn. I sampled the chicken cordon bleu and it was also very moist and mild flavored. My son had the duck and said it was the best he had ever had (although his experience is limited). Our desserts were also great - try the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream.

The biggest negative experience was their men's restroom was small and very outdated. Plus one of the fixtures was "out of service". Also, we sat in the "cafe" next to the bar and the music from the bar was too loud, although when I complained they turned down the volume.

Overall this is a good choice for families. Its neither inexpensive nor expensive (given the high quality of the food). I'd say it is a 3+ to 4 star restaurant.

1  Thank David E

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went there for dinner with my wife. The home is pretty nice and comfortable, the atmosphere was quiet and friendly. The wait staff were nice, but not formal at all.

We were presented a menu with a very small set of choices (probably about 6 or 7 entrees as options, and no daily special). The entree prices were in the $20-$37 range (i.e. the filet was near the top, the chicken at the bottom). The salad choices were okay but were pricey. Before you go, check out the menu online and see what options you will have.

My wife ordered the salmon and it was prepared well and we both thought that it was tasty. Pretty good choice, actually. I had the pork loin and it was mediocre without that much flavor. I was somewhat disappointed.

All in all it's not a place that makes me really want to go back and try again. Nothing stood out as exceptional. Nothing made me want to recommend it to a friend.

1  Thank FamilyOfFive_98011
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Took my son and his family here for his 30th birthday, and it was lovely. The service was prompt and attentive, the food was very good. For those who have complained about portion size; the portions are "normal", not the "super-sizes" Americans are too used to, but they were by no means inadequate. Only disappointment - dessert. As others have mentioned, their bread pudding needs work - very dry, and the flavor combo on the chocolate ganache was bizarre. They make their own infused vodkas, and I had a lovely ginger pear martini. Will definitely be back to try lunch and happy hour.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We ate here for the first time for Easter Brunch. It is set in a beautiful old house which kind of makes you feel like you are dining at Grandma's house, but Grandma's house that has been renovated to be more upscale. Our server was fantastic. I had the Ricotta/Herb omelet and my partner had the Smoked Duck omelet. They were both very, very good. They had a delicious selection of brunch drinks as well. We had fresh scones served with Marionberry jam. They were quite delicious but just a tad on the dry side.The only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating is because the table next to us remained dirty for quite a while during our meal (they seemed to be understaffed) and I would have liked to have seen more choices on the menu. That said, we will definitely return and try dinner here sometime.
We did have a bit of trouble finding the place as it's set way off of the road up on a hill. Look for the sign at the bottom of the hill. They have valet parking...definitely necessary as there is very little parking area. And yes, you can tip your valet on your bill, very handy.

1  Thank BLBTraveler
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Paid my first visit to Preservation Kitchen on Easter Sunday. I had their Panchetta Eggs Benedict with oven roasted roma tomatoes, saffron hollandaise and Yukon potato hash paired with a Classic Bloody Mary. Yum!! I could not have asked for a better dish. (See photo.) This was a special for Easter but I hope they make it part of their regular brunch menu. The service was pleasant and prompt even though it was a busy, sunny holiday. I can't wait to go back.