“Charming place, delicious brunch”

Preservation Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Preservation Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 188 Restaurants in Bothell
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The 522, 372, and 312 stop at Bothell Way NE and 180th, about 1/2 mile from our location.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Charming place, delicious brunch”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We ate here for the first time for Easter Brunch. It is set in a beautiful old house which kind of makes you feel like you are dining at Grandma's house, but Grandma's house that has been renovated to be more upscale. Our server was fantastic. I had the Ricotta/Herb omelet and my partner had the Smoked Duck omelet. They were both very, very good. They had a delicious selection of brunch drinks as well. We had fresh scones served with Marionberry jam. They were quite delicious but just a tad on the dry side.The only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating is because the table next to us remained dirty for quite a while during our meal (they seemed to be understaffed) and I would have liked to have seen more choices on the menu. That said, we will definitely return and try dinner here sometime.
We did have a bit of trouble finding the place as it's set way off of the road up on a hill. Look for the sign at the bottom of the hill. They have valet parking...definitely necessary as there is very little parking area. And yes, you can tip your valet on your bill, very handy.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank BLBTraveler

Seattle, Washington
“Lovely Brunch”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Paid my first visit to Preservation Kitchen on Easter Sunday. I had their Panchetta Eggs Benedict with oven roasted roma tomatoes, saffron hollandaise and Yukon potato hash paired with a Classic Bloody Mary. Yum!! I could not have asked for a better dish. (See photo.) This was a special for Easter but I hope they make it part of their regular brunch menu. The service was pleasant and prompt even though it was a busy, sunny holiday. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2012
Seattle
“Gourmet "slow" food in Bothell”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We've driven past The Preservation Kitchen many times, but never tried it. On a recent Sunday, though, we noticed that they are now open for lunch and decided to stop. If you're in a hurry, this is not a good choice, but if you have time to wait for your meal, you'll be happy that you did so. Fresh local ingredients, interesting recipes and lovely presentation result in an excellent meal. At dinner they offer a 3-course meal for $30, which we are certainly going to try sometime. They also do a "happy hour" every day from 4-6 pm.

• Visited February 2012
Seattle, WA
“Nicest Restaurant in Bothell”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This was one of the best meals I've had ANYWHERE in Seattle. First you walk up this path like you're going to a friends house in the country. And it still has that feeling when you get inside. 2 or 3 smaller rooms with maybe 6 tables each. VERY cozy and romantic. Service is extremely attentive and they catered to our many dietary restrictions with ease. Portions are somewhat small but the quality, presentation and taste are ALL outstanding. They have special wine/food pairing events. It is a bit pricey but find the total experience to be well worth it!

Visited October 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Food is okay but value is lacking”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

You're not going to get a terrible meal here. The problem is that the couple times I've gone the food is just okay but the prices reflect high-end standards that aren't met. There are a number of excellent culinary experiences in the Woodinville/Bothell area and this is not one of them.

The Good:
- Atmosphere is really nice. Great for a date.
- Friendly service.

The Bad:
- Their website had a special that they would not honor because we didn't have enough people even though it didn't say anything about that limitation online. Total bait and switch.
- The food was decent but the prices were too expensive. I had a sandwich comparable to what I've order elsewhere nearby but had to pay double for it here.
- Ordered fries as a side dish and they were limp and soggy. Sub-fast food quality. Friends that were with me were equally disappointed in their sides.

Bottom Line: You won't have a bad lunch or dinner but you'll walk away wishing you had gone with that other option you were thinking about.

• Visited February 2012