“It's The Best”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
New Orleans, Louisiana
“It's The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the Seattle area. The property is in a nice business area close to 405. The property is quiet, and includes a basketball court, outdoor pool, and fitness center. The staff, including front desk, housekeeping, and management is awesome. The rooms are very comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast is very good, with lots of options. The people who stay at this hotel seem to be very nice guests. I've stayed here for short-term and long-term stays, including a long stay with the family, and it was great. The only negative about the location is that it is not close to groceries or restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room by the pool and basketball court.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
WanderingApe,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your stays with us as well as your very nice review! Our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens, living rooms and separate bedrooms allow for a long-term guest to really enjoy an extended stay.

Our staff is grateful for your nice comments about our service, as we believe taking care of our guests to be our number one priority. Thank you.

The location is centered amongst awesome nature, including many walking trails. This limits the city of Bothell from building more restaurants and groceries in the immediate neighborhood; although within 5 miles you will find everything you're looking for! And of course, our complimentary shuttle is available to help get you to those areas.

Thank you for your nice review and we look forward to having you back as one of our valued guest in the future!

Elisa A

PS - I love your username!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

While not a luxury property, this facility is works well for two couples traveling together or for a family with teenagers who want their own space. With two bedrooms and baths, separated by a sitting area and kitchen, and with the complementary breakfast, this is an affordable and convenient place to stay while on a wine tasting tour or attending a summer concert at the Chateau St. Michelle winery approximately 10 minutes away.

For an excellent meal, reserve a table for lunch, brunch, or dinner at the Barking Frog restaurant, across the street from Chateau St. Michelle winery.

Room Tip: In the summer, request a room away from the swimming pool, which is open from 9:00am-9:00pm.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi MartsoSwan,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the nice review!

It's great to hear that you and your fellow travelers were able to take advantage of our very large two bedroom suite. While the suites were built with the extended-stay traveler in mind, I agree that they are great for couples or families traveling into the area. It's definitely nice to have the separation from the bedroom(s) to the living room as well as a full kitchen. The comforts of home!

Sounds like you had a great time at the nearby wine district and enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Barking Frog! I too enjoy the area and appreciate the close proximity of our hotel to these venues so that our guests always have something fun to do.

Thank you MartsoSwan and we hope to host you again in the future!

Berkeley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We always try to stay at Residence Inns, but we won't come back to this one. Two in our group ended up in middle of showers with no hot water. Front desk said to wait 20 minutes because the units still rely on the original 1992 water heaters. The two ended up missing breakfast waiting to finish their showers.

Other low-lights: Squeaky saggy beds; noisy toilet flush valves; and a leaky iron.

The rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Stay away from Building 7
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kudsk
Kudsk,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay with us. I am so incredibly sorry to hear that your stay was negatively impacted by the hot water and other issues. I can imagine this would be incredibly frustrating to you and your fellow travelers and I am so sorry that this happened to you.

While our water heaters are newer than 1992 year, they are set up so that there is an individual one for each room. My belief is that the purpose of individual tanks was to ensure that if one failed, or another room utilized too much, it didn't impact other fellow guests. The setup of individual water tanks per room, is similar to what we are used to at home in which there is limited supply of hot water. I know this becomes most difficult in the two bedroom suites when there are many guests trying to shower consecutively. I am so sorry that spacing out the showers impacted your group getting to breakfast on time.

My goal is to not provide excuses on your experience but better insight into our set up. I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to do something to rectify this situation for you and would welcome you to call me at (425) 485-3030.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

(425) 485-3030
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The physical hotel is just what you'd expect from a Residence Inn. The property is designed for extended stay and it hits the mark on the important points. Decent beds, lots of space in the rooms, onsite laundry room, etc.

Although I never indulged, they have a nightly (Mon-Wed) dinner offering with free beer and wine. And something light to snack on each Thursday when trafific is much lighter.

But where this property really shines is the staff. They make a real effort to greet people by name and make you feel welcome. My most recent assignment took me to Bothell every week for a full year. Every week I would be welcomed by name before I got to the front desk to pick up a new key or parking pass. (Ok, sometimes I just used that as an excuse to grab cookies!)

Elisa has done a great job of recruiting, training and retaining her staff. I'd share some names but I know I'll leave someone out. Instead, just a THANKS to the entire team! (But I can single out Ashlee since she is the only person in sales that I had dealings with!)

If you just pass through for a day or 2 it might seem like an average hotel. But if you stay longer, you will find this place to be the "home away from home" that they strive to be.

I don't want to go on forever because $5 says Elisa will know who is writing this based on my other Trip Advisor contributions. That's what happens when they take time to get to know a little bit about their "guests".

One last observation: They are definitely putting money into this hotel. New fire alarms (not sexy until you need it!), wireless internet in all rooms, carpet cleaning and (soon) new door locks are just
examples.

Thanks RI bothell for many pleasant visits!

Anonymous

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
SoManyPlaces2C -

Where can I send you your $5?! Of course I know who this is and THANK YOU for your warm and generous review of our hotel. It has been such a pleasure to host you here the past year and we were all sad to see you go. We wish you the best on your future endeavors and want to reconfirm you always have a home here in Bothell.

Warmest Regards -
Elisa

PS - I ordered your Marriott Rewards points today (Monday, May 20th) so you should see them soon.
new albany, indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I chose this location because of the proximity to the wineries in the area and Marriott points. The hotel has a wine package that gets you free tastings at several locations, but the staff did not really seem to be in the loop on the program. The rooms are pretty spacious and the bedroom can be closed off. The breakfast is fine, but nothing elaborate. The full sized kitchen is also a nice feature. My son liked the cookies at check-in, but felt the hide-a-way bed was uncomfortable (but aren't they all).

Room Tip: Avoid being near the basketball court. It can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hi nalawyer,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay and corresponding review! As the closest Bothell hotel to the wineries, we too find that our location is perfect when visiting the wine district. My sincere apologies that our staff seemed out of the loop on the wine package that we offer . . . it's a good reminder to refresh our team as we enter the wine and leisure season!

I would love any further feedback you could offer on our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We always appreciate our guest input and hope to use it to improve in the future. Our Residence Inn breakfast buffet provides many options that most hotels don't in a complimentary breakfast, including a full waffle bar, multiple hot items in addition to your standard eggs, breads and fruits.

And while we do agree that any sofa bed is not as comfortable as the beds, we are excited as our hotel is planned for a full renovation in the fall of 2013 which would include brand new sofa sleepers!

Thank you again nalawyer and we look forward to hosting you again on future visits to Bothell!

Warm Regards,

Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is more of a 'condo' style hotel. We had a 2-bedroom with kitchen & 2 baths that was very large. Three televisions with high-definition channels. Usual Residence Inn breakfast with waffle-maker, hot eggs, sausage & hashbrowns. The price was very good considering the room size. We heard sirens a couple of times so maybe this hotel is near a fire hall - not sure.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have stairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CBM_20,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and for your nice review! Marriott purposely built the Residence Inn brand hotels to accommodate guests looking for more space in their hotel room. Whether traveling with family or friends, or staying for an extended period of time our suites are designed to accommodate you with extra space from our fully equipped kitchen, to the separate living room and bedroom area. So happy to hear you enjoyed the large two bedroom suite . . . truly is the best value!

My apologies if you were interrupted by the sirens as we are just blocks away from the Bothell Fire Department. We find that the location provides extra security as we know help is right around the corner!

Thank you CBM_20 and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bothell!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was well kept and included the amenities expected at the Residence Inn properties. Unfortunately within a few minutes of reaching my room which was a fair walk from the front desk, I realized the furnace was not functioning and the room was not going to get warm. So, another walk back to the office, a new room key, and I was tucked away for the night. The breakfast was good, well stocked, and the tables kept very clean. I would stay again, and hope for the right room the first time.

Room Tip: While there is a fireplace in the room, make sure your furnace works if the weather is at all cold.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
kdadman,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay with us. We also appreciate your honest review and feedback from that stay. I am so sorry to hear that your furnace was not working, I can imagine how frustrating that would be when you've just checked in and are looking to settle. I am happy to hear that you were taken care of and accommodated in a room where all appliances were functioning correctly! Maintenance issues do happen, although they are never enjoyable and so again I am deeply sorry that your experience was impacted by that.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly below if there is anything I can do to further rectify the situation. Thank you kdadman, and I hope we have a future opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Bothell!

(4250 485-3030
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
McMenamins Anderson School Hotel
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West

Been to Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell? Share your experiences!