“Wine Tour in Bothell”

Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I chose this location because of the proximity to the wineries in the area and Marriott points. The hotel has a wine package that gets you free tastings at several locations, but the staff did not really seem to be in the loop on the program. The rooms are pretty spacious and the bedroom can be closed off. The breakfast is fine, but nothing elaborate. The full sized kitchen is also a nice feature. My son liked the cookies at check-in, but felt the hide-a-way bed was uncomfortable (but aren't they all).

Room Tip: Avoid being near the basketball court. It can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi nalawyer,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay and corresponding review! As the closest Bothell hotel to the wineries, we too find that our location is perfect when visiting the wine district. My sincere apologies that our staff seemed out of the loop on the wine package that we offer . . . it's a good reminder to refresh our team as we enter the wine and leisure season!

I would love any further feedback you could offer on our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We always appreciate our guest input and hope to use it to improve in the future. Our Residence Inn breakfast buffet provides many options that most hotels don't in a complimentary breakfast, including a full waffle bar, multiple hot items in addition to your standard eggs, breads and fruits.

And while we do agree that any sofa bed is not as comfortable as the beds, we are excited as our hotel is planned for a full renovation in the fall of 2013 which would include brand new sofa sleepers!

Thank you again nalawyer and we look forward to hosting you again on future visits to Bothell!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is more of a 'condo' style hotel. We had a 2-bedroom with kitchen & 2 baths that was very large. Three televisions with high-definition channels. Usual Residence Inn breakfast with waffle-maker, hot eggs, sausage & hashbrowns. The price was very good considering the room size. We heard sirens a couple of times so maybe this hotel is near a fire hall - not sure.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have stairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

CBM_20,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and for your nice review! Marriott purposely built the Residence Inn brand hotels to accommodate guests looking for more space in their hotel room. Whether traveling with family or friends, or staying for an extended period of time our suites are designed to accommodate you with extra space from our fully equipped kitchen, to the separate living room and bedroom area. So happy to hear you enjoyed the large two bedroom suite . . . truly is the best value!

My apologies if you were interrupted by the sirens as we are just blocks away from the Bothell Fire Department. We find that the location provides extra security as we know help is right around the corner!

Thank you CBM_20 and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bothell!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was well kept and included the amenities expected at the Residence Inn properties. Unfortunately within a few minutes of reaching my room which was a fair walk from the front desk, I realized the furnace was not functioning and the room was not going to get warm. So, another walk back to the office, a new room key, and I was tucked away for the night. The breakfast was good, well stocked, and the tables kept very clean. I would stay again, and hope for the right room the first time.

Room Tip: While there is a fireplace in the room, make sure your furnace works if the weather is at all cold.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

kdadman,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay with us. We also appreciate your honest review and feedback from that stay. I am so sorry to hear that your furnace was not working, I can imagine how frustrating that would be when you've just checked in and are looking to settle. I am happy to hear that you were taken care of and accommodated in a room where all appliances were functioning correctly! Maintenance issues do happen, although they are never enjoyable and so again I am deeply sorry that your experience was impacted by that.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly below if there is anything I can do to further rectify the situation. Thank you kdadman, and I hope we have a future opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Bothell!

(4250 485-3030

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The 1-bedroom unit provided plenty of space for my husband and me. The kitchen was stocked with the cookware we needed. There was no noise from neighboring units. The meals provided were adequate for me but with limited options for my husband who prefers a gluten-free diet. We did need to hop in our car to drive to nearby grocery stores or restaurants. The bed and bedding were comfortable, affording a good night's sleep. Overall, we were happy with our stay. My husband returned for another stay last month.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hi twoparentsfourkids,

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bothell and thank you for your recent stay with us and nice review. We truly appreciate our guest feedback and use it for future improvement guidelines.
It is great to hear that you were able to spread out in your fully equipped suite. Our goal is that you find the space to eat, work and play and it sounds like you did just that! My sincere apologies that your husband's dietary needs were not met during our complimentary breakfast and dinners. I can imagine that was frustrating and our intention is that our guests are satisfied when staying with us. Marriott guidelines leaves minimal opportunity to change what is offered at breakfast, but we are working with them to find more solutions and options for gluten-free diets. We take this need and request very serious and are always trying to add more to the complimentary dinners and even the standard breakfast to accommodate.
Thank you again and we hope to host you again on your future visits to Bothell!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from the Residence Inn in Bothell on 17 March 2013. The room we had was clean, quiet, and all the appliances in the kitchen worked. We ate breakfast in the dining room every morning and it was great. It had a good variety of foods; both hot and cold, and the staff was very helpful. We have a daughter with special needs. She is very sensitive to a noisy environment. At this Inn, she was able to sleep thru the night. Yes!
Only complaint was the smoke detectors. I will never understand why any hotel/motel/Inn would have detectors that blink (brightly) about every 10 seconds. If you are having trouble falling asleep, this just seems to aggravate the problem. It would be great if you replaced all those detectors with units that do not light up unless there is a smoke problem. If this is too expensive, I would get your maintenance person to put a piece of black tape over those LED's!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi James K,

Thank you so much for your incredibly nice review and for your recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable and peaceful stay while in the Bothell area. We too love our quiet location with walking trails and limited traffic . . . we think that nature really has the opportunity to stand out here, while only being minutes away from various attraction areas!

I am sorry to hear that the blinking light on the smoke detector had any impact on your stay. We just finished a top of the line upgrade to our entire Fire system and so these smoke detectors are the most reliable for safety and security. I was not aware that the blinking light was that bright, but I will definitely have my Maintenance team review to see if there is anything we can do about it.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again on future visits to Bothell!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our second stay at this hotel; last one two years ago. We arrived mid-morning to drop off our bags and tour Seattle, but staff found us a room available through free upgrade and allowed us to check in. We were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite, which had a full kitchen (including range/stove) ... Very nice and spacious. Breakfast was typical Residence Inn, eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, and various cold items. Two nights of evening meals were chili cheese dogs and spaghetti. Staff did a good job maintaining both breakfast and receptions. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful; everytime you entered the building, they greeted you. Two drawbacks were the long distance to walk outdoors to the breakfast area and an EXTREMELY small bathroom, hardly enough room to turn around. Hotel had a computer in the lobby. They had an outdoor pool .. why a hotel would have an outdoor pool in Seattle is curious since it is rarely warm enough to use. The hotel is in a quiet and safe area with various offices around, only about 1/2 mile from I-405. There is also a small lake with walking path right behind the hotel. We would stay here again, although it is pricey.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Hi ClarkCreek,

Thank you so much for your recent review and return stay with us! It is always a pleasure to host returning guests and we are grateful you think of us when visiting the Bothell area.

I also appreciate your honest feedback on your stay, and your experience with all our amenities. We too wonder who had the idea of building an outdoor pool in Seattle! It's awesome during the summer when the sun is shining but we understand any disappointment our guest's may feel during the off season when it is not open. To ensure we are doing our best to meet our guest needs, we have partnered with the YMCA across the street from us and offer our guest's day passes at a very low cost. This pass would allow access to their full gym, including their indoor pool!

As a leader in the Bothell market, with great customer service, plentiful complimentary amenities, and incredibly large suites we do feel that our room rates should reflect that compared to the other hotels here. However, we are always open to learning more about a guests budget to ensure we are offering the best available rate to meet your needs.

Thank you ClarkCreek and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Bothell!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had a long stay at Residence Inn, Bothell during my business visit. It was a nice experience overall. The rooms were big. The kitchen was well equipped. Only thing is that the bathroom was small compare to other Residence Inn I had been to.
Breakfast was good and so were the evening snacks.
Hotel staff was very co-operative.
The hotel doesn't have elevator. So if you get stay on upper floors and you happen to carry a heavy luggage, then it will be a challenge for you.
The hotel is in remote area so it's quiet and cool. But the problem is there are not many restaurants around. Since it is near business area, it helps.
Overall, I had a nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Elisa A, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hi Kedar-KeKu,

Thank you for your nice review and for your recent stay with us! So pleased you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary food offerings (breakfast and dinner) . . . those are the top two amenities that Residence Inn's are known for!
My apologies if you experienced any inconvenience from the smaller bathrooms or the location of your room on the second floor. I would agree that some of our bathrooms are smaller. The design of our bathrooms, in which the vanity and sink area are located outside of the bathroom, was intended to allow dual use of both bathroom areas. This did decrease the space where the shower and toilet are located but would allow for more than one person to use the bathroom spaces at the same time. Doesn't help if you are a single traveler! And while our property does not have elevators, our entire staff is always available and willing to help if assistance is needed to reach the second floor suites.
Thank you again for your review and stay, and for your honest feedback. We always appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can ensure we are doing everything in our power to meet your needs.

Elisa A

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bothell
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bothell
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
McMenamins Anderson School Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North

Been to Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell? Share your experiences!