“I liked my meal.”

Dining options: Breakfast
Santa Barbara, California
“I liked my meal.”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Nice kids menu for the little ones. Retro style coffee shop with hearty food and fun decorations. My wife thought her corned beef hash had too many potatoes but everyone else enjoyed their choice. I had the Mount Baker with nice and peppery biscuits and gravy with hash browns and two eggs. Coffee was good. Service was good. Wait staff must eat all their meals here. They looked well fed. In days gone by this was Denny's and was the only place open past 9pm.

• Visited December 2013

Blaine, Washington
“Ordinary Food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This restaurant is nothing special, ordinary diner food, prices are reasonable and the decor average.

Visited September 2013
Birch Bay, Washington
“avoid”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our most recent experience at Big Al's was a tremendous disappointment. Though the diner was about 75% empty, the waitresses virtually ignored our table. One of my companions had to go up to the counter to get her coffee refilled after waiting for nearly 10 minutes. The food itself was unremarkable. The burgers were excessively greasy. The homemade fries are long gone, having been replaced by frozen ones that were almost as thin as shoestring potatoes. One of my companions remarked that the portions seem smaller, but that prices have gone up.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank OwlboyMcgee
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice food, Nice place.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way down to Bellingham, to do some shopping.

The decor of the place reminded me of a 50s style diner. I had the ham and cheese omlette which filled the plate along with really nice homemade hash browns. The portions were excellent compared to other restaurants I have been to. Staff were nice.

Would go back again :-)

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Yummy diner food”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm partial to any dining establishment that serves breakfast all day, but their non breakfast fare is also delicious. A cute, old timey place with good service, we've enjoyed several good meals there and will be back!

• Visited September 2013