“Good diner food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 23, 2012

With few options in Blaine, Big Al's is one of the places to go. Wednesday's are my favorite because it's their turkey dinner special. I do wish the stuffing and gravy had a little more flavor. My other go to meal here is the turkey club sandwich. My husband will often order take out when we don't feel like cooking. Breakfast is also decent here.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Classic American Diner, from the booths to the counter. Don't know why some complain about service, as soon as I put my coffee down, the great staff is there to top it up. Great breakfast with homemade hash browns, and killer thick cut bacon. Great sandwiches, and a huge clubhouse.
For Canadians heading for a shopping trip - fill up at Big Al's first!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Over priced greasy and gross food, poor service. we were sat few mintutes someone took our order about half hour later noticed our meal in the pick up window 10 minutes more someone came and dropped it off. nobody ask if we needed anything or nothing. packed up my kids andhad to look for someone with the bill. Crappy service and nasty food.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is a diner that has been in the city for some time. The food was very good. The sausage was excellent and the eggs were cooked nicely. The server was quick and friendly.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Went to. big Al's Diner in the little border town of Blaine, Washington. We'd heard they have great corned beef hash breakfasts. Big Al's is in a converted Denny's restaurant and by converted I don't mean by much. A few old time knick knacks here and there but the worn booths and original Denny's look is unmistakable.

We wanted to order the Rueben sandwich which came with fries, a little pile of dill pickle chips and a cup of the sauce normally slathered on a Rueben, on the side. My wife wanted to order a breakfast with eggs, toast and a heaping pile of corned beef hash and potatoes. We waited and waited in a restaurant with hardly a soul in it. We began to feel a little paranoid, like we didn't belong here. The waitress was serving and talking with all the other customers. Hmmmm..

Finally she arrived and in a very business like way, took our order. No small talk. No friendly, small town welcome.

The food arrived quickly when the waitress loudly plopped our plates down on the table, turned and walked off. "no, thanks, I don't need any coffee with my breakfast." " no, thanks, my empty iced tea glass doesn't need refilling."

We ate and left. The food, by the way, was really tasty. They make their corned beef themselves. This isn't canned stuff. Big chunks of spicy corned beef stuffed my sandwich and smothered her hash. It was really good. The fries tasted funny since they had obviously fried them in the same fryer they use for their fish.

Well, give it a try if you want. I hope the waitress likes you.

1  Thank mguelker

Been to Big Al's Diner? Share your experiences!