“It was fine”
Review of Nicki's Diner - CLOSED

Nicki's Diner
Reviewed January 23, 2012

New to town & went for breakfast after church one Sunday. The first thing I noticed was the smell....kind of diluted, old Pine-Sododoor. They had just had a huge fish & chips fundraiser for a local girl on Saturday, so I tried to let it go. Breakfast was ok...just adequate. The waitress was pleasant enough but the service was a little slow given that there we only 4 tables in use. One of the meals came out wrong & the waitress took care of it, but again more waiting. And I really don't like 50s music.

Basic diner fare. There really aren't many options in Blaine in a Sunday morning....or any time, really. And maybe we just caught them on a bad day. But it will be a while before we'd give this place another shot.

2  Thank pebbleinmyshoe

Reviewed October 18, 2011

This diner is a small spot all by itself, the service was friendly and fast, and the food was good. My husband ordered the fish and chips and really liked it, and I had a burger, which was very, very good. We both enjoyed our food and the 50's music playing! We did think it was a bit expensive, but it was good quality.

1  Thank Lucytoooo
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Nicki's was suggested to us by our hosts at the Blaine Hostel & Guest House. We want some tasty seafood at a reasonable price. This proved to be a great recommendation on both counts.

We had the kid's fish & chips, clam strip platter, fish taco, onion rings & shrimp cocktail. All were excellent. Generous portions, freshly cooked (or in the case of the cocktail, caught), and 4 of us walked out with a $50 tab including beverages. Great deal for dinner. We also had a large take-home box.

Honestly - the fresh fried cod fish taco was the best I've ever had. Their homemade sauces (cocktail & thousand island) we a treat too. Highly recommend for a casual, quick tasty dinner in the Blaine area if you are looking for basic seafood.

1  Thank IsagenixBeliever
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Nope, this place is THE spot in North Whatcom County for Fish and Chips. Great food, Great atmosphere. Nicki is a great guy and it seems like the person who wrote the bad review is just a disgruntled employee.
Believe me, you can't go wrong here. Great food and service and FRIENDLY!!!.
Best fish and chips north of Anacortes.. You'll love it, I promise

Reviewed March 15, 2009

They have moved to Bellingham, real nice place on top of the water!
www.nickisbellamarina.com
The diner is on the main floor & now has a awesome bar too!