Semiahmoo Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$99
$92
Ocean Promenade Hotel(White Rock)(Great Value!)
$97
$94
  • Fitness center
$81
Best Western Peace Arch Inn(Surrey)(Great Value!)
$92
Worldmark Birch Bay(Blaine)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswhite rockoyster barpierside kitchenwater viewcanadian bordertennis courtshot tuboysterspackers barpeace archwalking trailsrelaxing getawaylong weekendbeautiful propertywashington statefire pitthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the years, & love the cozy ambience. We are so pleased with what the new owners are doing with the resort, the new restaurant is terrific & has amazing sunset views. Our water view executive suite was spacious, the views gorgeous & our bed was heavenly. We requested a pack & play, which was set up & ready when we arrived. David Sullivan is an exceptional manager, he really went out of his way to make our stay exceptional. We found the entire staff to be very attentive, competent & friendly. Love all the fun things for guests like racquetball, tennis, ping pong & of course the pool & hot tub. The work out room is well equipped & there are bike rentals as well.
My husband enjoyed golfing, & my massage at the spa was wonderful! Our kids love the movie theatre, game room & most all the s'more station located at the fire pit near the ocean.
We enjoyed our stay in March so much we booked another stay for April (before we even checked out) to celebrate my husbands birthday & are bringing our friends & family with us!

Room Tip: Splurge & get a room with a water view on the top floor!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Bbvan

We welcome your 5 on 5 rating!
Please know that we are so glad that your family gateway was “great”. It is always a thrill to learn from guest that they truly enjoyed everything about their stay but more than anything recognize associates that make the “stay exceptional”.
I will make sure to let our team know that you noticed their efforts and to make sure you have the best experience again and again.
We are as well awaiting that birthday celebration. It will be Semiahmoo style!

See you soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Exciting views, amazing food, and friendly staff makes this a resort you'll want to visit.

I loved the walk by the water with many various bird species. The spectacular sunsets could be
viewed from the dining room or the room's balcony. It is a resort you'll want to visit time after time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Anne

Thank you for choosing Semiahmoo resort as your seaside destination. I could not ask for a better description of this resort. Glad your experience was “extraordinary”.
On behalf of the entire resort team let me reiterate the gratitude for your posting on TripAdvisor and the great rating. We look forward to your next visit and catch more spectacular sunsets and gourmet food.

See you soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We are from Vancouver and Blaine is only a short drive for across the US border, and yet we felt like we had travelled much further away from home (in a good way). The Semiahmoo resort has that Northwest cabin feel, which is cozy and warm. We found it well maintained with friendly staff and overall it was a relaxing experience. The JR Suite was large and comfortable and we had a view of the bay. We stayed only one night, but we will be back again soon for a longer stay. We had dinner in the restaurant and experienced a beautiful sunset while enjoying first class gourmet food at a good value. The Semiahmoo Resort is another hidden gem and one that we will visit again often.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Markru,

I truly appreciate all your kind comments and accolades. Certainly a posting that could be echoed.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay.
We look forward to you visiting the “hidden gem…” soon so you can provide us the privilege of serving you again.

My best,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

“Passing through months earlier and investigated your site. Spoke with Wendy Dahl and she sold me with her enthusiasm and told me of your "Radio" rate special so I planned then and there to make my next writers retreat with Semiahmoo. Glad I did. It was great and most productive. Well done also to a housekeeper named Dena and to servers named Gabrielle and Tommy. I will most certainly be back and have already told others to go visit you. Last but not least, Torrance at the front desk was outstanding!” See you again soon. Victor

Room Tip: Balcony water view rooms are sunset spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Victor C
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Victor,

Thank you for returning and this time to stay and experience Semiahmoo resort. With your excellent post on TripAdvisor, you certainly highlight one of the attributes of the location- Serenity.

It appears that serenity was not the only highlight, if you enjoyed the service provided by the staff from the front desk to the culinary team. The staff is our main asset and they strive to provide the service you experienced. I will certainly inform them of your accolades.

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write and post a review and look forward to seeing you soon along the one you rave our destination to.

Make us your escape!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

This resort charges a non-negotiable "resort" fee of $15.00 (!) for use of the pool, hot tub, exercise room. It makes no difference if the guest does not use any of these facilities...it is a room charge regardless. (Note to Semiahmoo management: there is an equitable system that can -- and should -- be considered. It's called "pay as you go." ) Just another example of the hospitality/travel industry ripping off the consumer.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank Cathy W
Ousmane D, Assistant General Manager at Semiahmoo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Cathy,

I am very sorry to read that you are disappointed with our resort fee. Your feedback and concerns are extremely valuable.
Allow me to attempt to respond to a few of your comments:
Our resort fee allows us to offer all the exclusive guest amenities of the resort such as our health club facilities, weekend beach bonfires, weekend movie theater, game room, WiFi, parking, daily newspapers, local phone calls, and much more. We feel that having one all-inclusive fee is simpler and a better value for our guests than having several smaller a la carte fees. However, we do value all our guest feedback and always consider your comments when we incorporate future changes.

While the information above is simply that...information, I know it does not change the perception of your recent experience. For that reason, I truly hope to hear from you soon, in hopes that I can further explain and regain your loyalty. One thing I would like to reiterate is our consistent commitment to creating memorable experiences as we continually strive to improve our service.

Again thank you for your post on trip Advisor and I invite you, at your convenience, to contact me at 360-318-2036 or via e-mail at odiop@semiahmoo.com

Best regards,