“A real diamond for Blaine”

Jack Niemann's Black Forest Steak House
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Blaine
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I almost did not go due to the reviews from other diners, Thank goodness we decided to see for ourselves. We have been here 5 times and each time the food and service was exceptional, whether just for Happy Hour Appetizers or most recently for my birthday fine dining experience. Mario's service( as well as the rest of the attentive team) was, as always, spot on. Warm, welcoming and attentive to every detail. Small wine list but great selections. Crab cakes burst with flavor! The Steak and lobster special was superb!!! The steak was done to perfection, as always, and the lobster literally melted in my mouth. My husband raved about the seasoned crispy french fries.The pearl of the evening was a personal Happy Birthday serenade from Mr Jack Niemann himself over my Mud Pie including sparkler..lol....I have spent 30 years in the restaurant industry and am EXTREMELY critical of my dining experiences, but I can sincerely say the The Black Forest Steakhouse in Blaine is well worth the visit!!! Cheers!

1  Thank Meredith I I

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband stopped by to make reservations for our 25th anniversary. When we arrived he also reminded the hostess about our special occasion. Neither the owner who was visiting various tables but not ours nor anyone acknowedged it.

Our server was friendy but when asked about the wine list he offered suggestions; when further questioned said the restuarant did not provide wine tasting to the staff; the wine list was limited and expensive.

The schnitzel was a large piece but what a disappointment to discover it had been deep fat fried; the mushroom sauce was tasty but the portion was sparse. His chicken dish was o.k. but overpriced. The sides were German style; we've had the same sides better prepared in Austria.

We were looking forward to a super evening and were disappointed.

1  Thank laarrowhd
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed in Birch Bay for a week recently and had the opportunity to eat at the Black Forest in Blaine twice. The first evening we just went for drinks and happy hour and spent two hours enjoting fabulous appetizers and drinks. Jamie was the bartender and waitress in the bar area and her personality and service were outstanding. The experience was positive enough that we went back for dinner later in the week and experienced their German / Bavarian food. We were not disappointed and found their menu, service and food quality to be outstanding. If you are in the area this is a place you should not miss - try it early during your vacation so you can think about going back one more time

1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The restaurants in Blaine and Birch Bay serve mostly mediocre food and and have poor service to boot. One restaurant is head and shoulders above all of them and that is the Black Forest Steakhouse in downtown Blaine. We are really blessed to have this great place to eat. Professional service, ambience and great food and experienced owner combine to make this a delight in the culinary art. I have tried most of the menu items and have not been disappointed. A must visit - really - if you happen to be in Blaine.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent food and service. An exceptional find in a small town . We were the only diners. Ht they did good . Would go back in a heart beat ! German food with seafood and steaks